✧ 18 ✧

y/n's pov:
after getting your bike onto the back of t-dog's truck you decide to ride in the rv with glenn, dale, jacqui and jim. you wanted to keep an eye on the man and be there just in case he turns on the way to the c.d.c. you were skeptical about rick's idea of them having a cure but wanted to stay on his good side. you walk to the rv and see glenn standing outside of it, talking to dale. "you got room for one more?" you say as you approach and dale smiles "of course, jim and jacqui are in the back, glenn and i will be in the front so feel free to take the booth." he says and you nod. "thanks." you say and you could tell glenn was about to say something when you hear shane yell "alright yall, its go time." he says and everyone files into their assigned vehicles.

glenn and dale enter the rv and you go in after them, sitting in the booth table. glenn was seated by dale who was driving and he glances back at you before turning towards the windshield. you take your walkman and headphones form your backpack, putting them on and starting the tape that was already in it. it was a mixtape that was made for you, by your father before he passed. you smile as the tape starts to play, letting yourself focus on the music.

you feel the rv stop and look up from your book. "damn radiator hose bursted again." dale says, putting the rv in park. you put your things back in your backpack and walk to the back of the rv where jim and jacqui were. "radiator house bursted. how are you feeling?" you ask jim, though by the looks of him he wasn't doing well. he groans as he looks up at you with bloodshot eyes "everthing hurts. my skin feels like its on fire." you swallow and walk outside, not knowing how to respond. dale was filling the group in on the rv situation.

"i told you we'd never get far on that hose. i said i needed the one from the cube van." rick sighs "can you jerry rig it?" he asks and dale shakes his head "that's all it's been so far. it's more duct tape than hose. and i'm out of duct tape." he says and shane turns to the group "i see something up ahead. a gas station if we're lucky." just as you were about to volunteer to go jacqui steps out of the rv "y'all, jim, it's bad. i don't think he can take anymore." she says, walking back into the rv. shane looks to rick "hey, rick, you want to hold down the fort? i'll drive ahead, see what i can bring back." he says, and t-dog steps forward "yeah, i'll come along too, back you up." shane nods "y'all keep your eyes open now. we'll be right back." he says, walking to his car, t-dog behind him. rick enters the rv, probably to check in on jim.

you were outside, leaning against the rv reading your book when you see shane's car pulling up. he and t-dog exit the car, shane holding a radiator house in his hand. "alright, glenn could you help me with this?" dale says, taking the hose from shane. glenn nods "yeah, sure." he says, following dale to the front of the rv. instead of going back into the rv you decide to go back to reading, tuning out others conversations. once you were about half-way through the book you decide to check on what progress glenn and dale were making on the radiator hose.

you walk up to glenn and dale and stop in your tracks. glenn was leaning forward towards the front of the rv. he looked so focused, and your gaze glides across his face, then down to his arms and hands. he was a bit muscular and you remember seeing his abs back at the quarry. you had to admit that he was quite attractive. you could feel your face getting hot and decided to avert your gaze to avoid being caught staring. you were too late, he turned his head, making eye contact with you. you mentally panick and quickly avert your gaze. you're saved from an awkward conversation when rick walks out of the rv.

"i spoke to jim, and he wants us to leave him here." he says and the groups faces twist into concern and confusion. carol speaks up first "and he's lucid?" she says and rick nods "he seems to be, yes." he says and you speak next "back in the camp when i said daryl might be right, i was going to suggest we ask jim what he wants. and i think we have an answer." shane didn't seem convinced "we just leave him here? we take off? man, i'm not sure i could live with that." he says and you shake your head "it's not your desicion, or any of ours. this is what he wants, so lets give him that." you say and shane nods "you're right. i don't like it but it's the mans wish, so lets let him be with his family." he says and he and rick walk into the rv.

they come back out a few minutes later carrying jim and gently setting him under a nearby tree. "hey, another damn tree." jim says, chuckling. you were confused as to what he was referencing to but let it go. shane crouches down to jim's level "hey, jim, you know it doesn't need to be this." he says and jim shakes his head "no. it's good. the breeze feels nice." he says and shane stands back up "alright." jacqui approaches him first, kneeling down "just close your eyes, sweetie. don't fight." she says, kissing him on the cheek.she backs up and rick walks to him, holding his revolver out to him "jim, do you want this" he asks and jim shakes his head again "no. you'll need it. i'm okay." he says, and you approach him next "you fought bravely. rest in peace jim." you say and he smiles "don't mention it. its my time to go, be with my wife and kids." he says and you nod, standing up. you take one last glance at jim before joining jacqui, glenn and dale in the rv.

you were about a third of the way through your book when you feel the rv stop. you look out the window and see a metal circular building. 'i guess were here' you think, getting your stuff together. you, glenn, jacqui, and dale exit the rv silently and you see about a hundred corpses laying on thr pavement, flies swarming them. you see the other people of your group approaching the building, being as quiet as they could. it wasn't a problem for you, you had trained yourself to step almost silently years ago. once you reach the building you see its locked and shuttered.

"there's nobody here." t-dog says, looking defeated. you see a small group of walkers shuffling towards you, and daryl sees them too. "walkers!" he yells, pointing his crossbow at the one closest to him and shotting it in the head. "rick, this is a dead end." shane says and the group starts to panic. "where are we gonna go?" jacqui says, and lori puts a hand on her shoulder. "she's right. we can't be here, this close to the city after dark." lori says and shane contintues to try and convince rick to leave. "fort benning is still an option." he says and andrea scoffs "on what? no food, no fuel. that's 100 miles." she says and glenn adds to the despair "125. i checked the map." he says and lori dhakes her head "forget fort benning. we need answers tonight, now." she says and rick tries to offer a solution "we'll think of something."

you knew you would be fine on your own if you just left right now, but you couldnt leave these people the fend for themselves. as you were focused on the walkers rick saw one of the cameras mounted on the wall move. "the camera, it moved." he says and you turn back to the group. "you imagined it, man. lets just go." shane says and rick shakes his head "it moved. i know you're in there.i know you can hear me. please, we're desperate. please help us. we have women, children, no food, hardly any gas left." rick pleads and shane tries to drag him away. "there's nobody here." rick continues pleading "we have nowhere else to go. if you don't let us in, you're killing us! please! please help us. you're killing us! you're killing us!" rick says, pounding on the doors of the building. just as we were about to leave when the door to the c.d.c. opens, and you squint your eyes at the blinding white light.