✧ 29 ✧

glenn's pov:
i was sitting in the kitchen with maggie, waiting for the word on carl. "i- i can't beleive he's gone." maggie says and i turn to her. her eyes were bloodshot from crying and tears stained her cheeks. i felt awful for her, i wanted to comfort her but i had no idea what to say. 'just say you're sorry or something' i say to myself. i put a hand on her shoulder "i'm sorry maggie, i really am. he was a good guy, trying to make it right." i say and maggie smiles limply "thank you glenn." before i could respond, y/n walks in. she looked utterly exhuasted, blood covering her hands and torso and her eyes were bloodshot.

"how is he?" i ask and y/n looks up with a smile "he'll pull through." is all she says, her voice horse. maggie stands "shane should be put of the shower, you're free to use it." she says, putting a hand on her shoulder. "thank you." y/n replies. she walks to the table and sits next to me without a word. i could tell she was tense, either from losing otis or the while ordeal with carl. i didn't want to say anything to upset her, but i wanted to comfort her somehow. we sit in silence for a few seconds before i finally speak "i'm glad you got back safe, y/n." i say, looking down at my hands. "i'm gonna go shower." she replies, standing up. she puts a hand on my shoulder before leaving the room.

y/n's pov:
after leaving glenn you go outside to the truck where you had left your backpack, the lights from the porch dimly lighting your way. you swing it over your shoulders and walk back into the house. after a few minutes of wandering around you find one of the bathrooms and walk in, locking the door and starting the shower. as you wait for the water to heat up you look at yourself in the mirror. 'jesus, you look like shit' you say to yourself, examining the bags under your bloodshot eyes, your cracked lips, and the blood that stained your hands, neck and clothes. you turn on the sink and scrub your hands under the water, ridding your skin of carl's blood.

after they were mostly clean you huff and check the water, feeling that it was hot enough. you undress wuickly before getting into the shower. you sigh as the warm water runs over your body, soothing the aches from your long day. you look around the shower for a shampoo and find one, not caring what brand or scent it was. you hadn't washed your hair since the c.d.c, and it definately needed it. you bathed slowly, not wanting the much needed therapy it provided you. after about ten minutes you turn the water off and step out onto the bath mat. you take your towel from your back pack and dry off before getting dressed, gear, shoes and all.

you step out of the bathroom and walk down the stairs. the living room and kitchen were empty, so you assumed everyone was either outside or had gone to sleep. you wanted to visit carl, if he was awake. you walk to his room and knock on the door lightly. "come in." a female voice replies and you ipen the door slowly. you see rick sitting in a chiar next to the bed carl was in, sleeping. lori was sitting bext to him on the bed, stroking his hair. "hey, i just wanted to visit him. and make sure ya'll were doing okay." you say and lori smiles "were doing great, thanks to you and shane." she says and you smile.

"you're welcome." you say as you walk closer to carl, and lean over the bed to kiss his forehead. "sweet dreams hun." you whisper, not wanting to wake the child. you walk back towards the door and rick taps you before you exit. "dale and the others are here too, should be setting up camp outside." rick says and you nod "thank you. i'll see you both tommorow." you say and they both smile back at you. you turn and leave the room, now seeing hershel and patricia sitting on the couch. a wave of guilt hit you as you see patricia sobbing into hershels shoulder.

you kept walking, to avoid spilling the truth right then and there. once outside, you see the rv and a couple tents set up around a camp fire, illuminating the clearing. as you walk closer you see glenn sitting on a lawn chair infront of the fire, reading a book. you don't see anyone else, they must be asleep. vlenn doesn't notice as you walk up to hum, engrossed in his book. "what ya readin'?" you ask and glenn looks up, his eyes wide. "jesus y/n you scared me! why does everyone wanna sneak up on me today?" he says and you shrug "you're easy to sneak up on. you should work on that." you say with a smirk. glenn rolls his eyes "yeah yeah, whatever. and this is a book if korean poems. my mom gave it to me when i moved out. it was her favorite." he says, looking down at the book fondly.