✧ 11 ✧

day 60

y/n's pov:
you wake up to the sun hitting your eyes through the mesh ceiling of the tent. stretching and rubbing your eyes, you glance at your watch, which read 7:08am. you look to your right, and see glenn was still alseep. you study his face, the way his hair lightly brushed his forhead and the curve of his lips. they looked so kissable, you thought. 'wait, you thought what? get a hold of yourself y/n. now is not the time for that' you feel your face heat up and shake off your thoughts, and get ready for your day. you remembered you were low on your food so you decided to head to the rv to grab breakfast. as you exit glenn's tent you see amy sitting in a chair by her tent reading a book.

she looks up at you and quirks up a perfectly manicured eyebrow "spent the night with glenn huh?" she says and you roll your eyes "he let me share his tent since i dont have one." you state back, and she shrugs "okay, i believe you." she says and from her tone you knew she didn't. "i'll see you later amy." you say as you walk off to the rv. andrea was already up as well, sitting on the roof of the rv with dale's rifle. "morning y/n." she says and you nod "morning andrea. just gonna grab breakfast" you say and she nods as you open the door and walk into the rv. you see youre alone and start looking in the cabinets for something to eat.

you smile when you find a box of granola bars and take a few. you leave one out and put the rest in your backpack and take a can of peaches as well. you decide to just eat there and sit at the booth table, enjoying the moment of peace. once you're done eating you walk out of the rv, approaching glenn who must've just woken up, watching as dale tears apart the dodge.

he turns to you as you stand next to him "look at 'em. vultures. yeah, go on, strip it clean." he says, visibly upset. you feel a bit sorry for him but understand why they needed the parts. dale turns to you both "generators need every drop of fuel they can get. got no power without it. sorry, glenn."  he says, giving him a sympathetic look. glenn kicks at the dirt "thought i'd get to drive it at least a few more days." he says and you put a hand on his shoulder "maybe we can steal another one." you say and he chuckles slightly. "yeah, maybe." you see shane drive up in a truck with tanks of water in the bed of the truck.

"water's here, y'all. just a reminder to boil before use." he says and people come up to grab theirs. you see lori and rick having what looked like a heated conversation by their tent. you were about to say something to glenn about it but youre interupted by screaming "mom!" it sounded like carl. you immediately start running towards the voice. rick, glenn, lori, jim, and shane right behind you. you see carl and the other kids and run past them, letting their parents take care of them. you run through the trees into a clearing and see a walker eating a deer. the others walk in behind you and circle around the the thing.

the walker turns and notices you, and you take your machete from its spot on your belt. it growls and lurches toward you. you dodge its reach for you and kick it in the knee, knocking it down. you then swing your blade through its neck and decapitate it, its head rolling to your feet. the rest of its body falls to the ground, and you step back. the others look frightened "thats the first one we've had up here. they never come this far up the mountain." dale says and the others nod. "well, they're running out of food in the city, that's what." jim adds and you start to think about where to go when they start getting too close. you hear a branch snapping and footsteps coming from the woods.

you see daryl walk out of the trees, and he looks pissed. "son of a bitch. that's my deer! look at it. all gnawed on by this filthy, disease-bearing, motherless poxy bastard!" he says, kicking the carcass of the walker. dale tries to calm him down "calm down, son. that's not helping." his efforts are proved unsuccessful when daryl barks back at him "what do you know about it, old man? why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to 'on golden pond'? i've been tracking this deer for miles. gonna drag it back to camp, cook us up some venison. what do you think? do you think we can cut around this chewed up part right here?" he directs the last part of his sentence to shane.

shane shakes his head "i would not risk that." he says and daryl sighs. "that's a damn shame. i got some squirrel... about a dozen or so. that'll have to do." he says and you notice that the head of the walker starts to move its teeth. you chuckle, finding it a little funny. amy, however looks disgusted. daryl scoffs "come on, people. what the hell?" he says and shoots it with his crossbow, it stops moving. "it's gotta be the brain. don't y'all know nothing?" he continues and you rolls your eyes and start walking back to the camp.

daryl walks right behind you. "merle! merle! get your ugly ass out here! i got us some squirrel! let's stew 'em up." he says and shane walks up to him "daryl, just slow up a bit. i need to talk to you." he says and you mentally prepare for the argument that was about to start. "about what?" daryl questions and shane takes his hat off "about merle. there was a... there was a problem in atlanta." he starts and daryl steps back a bit "he dead?" he asks and shane shrugs "we're not sure." daryl's face twists with confusion.

rick speaks up "no easy way to say this, so i'll just say it." daryl looks at him "who the hell are you?" rick pauses before answering him "rick grimes." daryl looks him up and down "well, rick grimes, you got something you want to tell me?" rick sighs "your brother was a danger to us all, so i handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal. he's still there." he answers, it was the best way to put it you guess. daryl tilts his head (a/n- cutie patootie :3) "hold on. let me process this. you're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof and you left him there?!" he shouts and you braced yourself for a fight.