Babysitting is about opening one's heart

There was a box inside Yoohan's heart, made of a very resistant, shock-proof, tampered glass. Inside that box, he put all of his emotions, all of his feelings, and closed the lid tight, before securing it with a dozen padlocks.

And that was how he managed to keep on a straight, expressionless face when he met Yoon Jay at breakfast the next day. That was how he could act like nothing happened and get back to his role as an attendant.

Which would fool everyone, if it weren't for Jay himself. No, the man did not glare or berate Yoohan. In fact, Jay was as expressionless as usual, dry and cold like how he used to be.

But that was exactly why people could see something was wrong.

Because the Young Master, ever since Lee Yoohan came into the house, had never put on such a vibe in front of the young man. He would be full of smiles, teasing the younger man as if it were a seasoning for his meal.

But now? Now they acted like a boss and his attendant. Ironically enough, they had never acted like a proper employer and employee since day one.

It wasn't bad, per se, but definitely weird.

At first, people thought it was just a temporary thing; a little spat that had gone a bit too far. But both of them still working as usual, and Yoohan still following the young master as his attendant. So they thought it would be resolved quickly. They even felt it was adorable, looking at young lovers' spat.

But a day turned into three, and then seven, and there was still no change between those two.

"They're fighting, aren't they?"

"Duh. The question is why,"

"How,"

"What will happen from now on?"

"Are they breaking up?"

"Nah, they'll be more hostile then. Do you think Yoohan-ah will want to stay here if they do? With his personality?"

"You're right. And Young Master won't be this calm..."

"He's not calm at all, though? Don't you see his dark circles?"

"Sush!"

A lot of talk in the corners of break rooms would appear every time one of the employees witnessed the young master and his attendant walking around with this invisible wall between them.

For Yoohan, though, it was mostly peaceful on his part. No overbearing presence when he woke up, and everything was conducted in a professional space. He did not spend any time with Yoon Jay outside the scoop of his work, and the man did not pester him as usual.

It was weird to think about it, but it seemed like the madman was reflecting a bit and taking a step back.

So then why...

Why did his heart not get calmer?

Why the uncomfortable feeling persisted, churning consistently in his gut, and making his food tasteless?

Yoohan could not fathom it. He longed for peace and quiet, but once he received it, he only felt even more suffocated. The quiet was choking him, and he had no idea how to cleave the silence. He was so lost, so confused about what he really wanted. His heart and his mind seemed like they had their own wishes, pulling Yoohan from both sides and tearing him up.

It was suffocating even in his bedroom, which had a trace of Yoon Jay on it. Even if the sheet had been washed and he could no longer smell the older man's body wash on it, his mind kept seeing a phantom of a tall, imposing man from time to time.