Babysitting is about working together

There were always two sides to every business. Most big corporations had two kinds of ledgers; the white book they showed to the public in the name of transparency, and the black book in which they kept the real reason behind their wealth. Those two sides were always prevalent and coexisting, like yin and yang.

The yin and yang were especially true in the modern mafia businesses.

The world was no longer like it used to be, where waving weapons was enough to give someone power. Yes, violence still worked, but it had to be managed, organized, hidden. The legitimate corporations turned into gangsters, and gangsters turned themselves legitimate by building companies.

And the yin and yang were as prevalent as the Korean flag.

Yoohan had learned all about the legitimate side of the Yoon Group's business from his day training and following Jay around. But it was time for him to fully dip his foot inside the murky water of the night job.

Sounded risqué, huh?

Yoohan was somewhat conflicted about which 'night job' would he prefer; the risqué one, or the risky one.

That being said, Yoohan felt he was more familiar with this side than all the fancy stuff during the day. The people packed with muscle and invisible adrenalin coursing through the air were all the same as what he remembered.

It was funny; he used to think about entering this kind of group. A gangster, a mafia, triad members...those sounded cooler than being a loan shark. Of course, his former boss was also part of a gang, or at least had a connection to them. But as a lowly debt collector, Yoohan was never involved with those 'big' guns.

With that familiarity, it didn't take long for Yoohan to fit in right within the 'bodyguards' force—which was basically the Yoon's muscles. He liked to fight and move his body in general. He was also a feisty challenger and quite petty, so while he got hit a lot at first, Yoohan was soon taking people down one by one.

Well, he still wasn't able to beat the veterans—some came from the military—let alone Jay, annoyingly so. But at least no one could say he was a rookie anymore, even though he was the youngest.

Unlike the day staff, the night staff did not pamper him with love. Their affection was shown by teaching him how to survive better, equipping him with skills that weren't just street fighting.

And Yoohan liked it better than being babied by the day staff.

That being said, they still hadn't exposed Yoohan to the nature of their job. It was the boss's prerogative right to ease their maknae into it, and certainly, they wouldn't want to cross the Yoon Jay.

One evening, instead of going back home, Yoohan followed Jay to the private security company the group owned as a front; such an easy way to keep a bunch of people who seemed to excel at violent management. There was nothing special, however, Yoohan just followed Jay to the executive director's office—which was rarely being used since Jay spent most of his time in the Group's holding. No dim-lit room where they plot something sinister.

What slightly different than usual was that Jay put a folder in front of Yoohan, clearly for him to peruse. "Get through this," he said, before getting back to watch something on his screen.

Yoohan took the folder and inside, he found a document bearing the profile of six people from different backgrounds. "What is this?"

"The list," Jay answered briefly, prompting Yoohan to raise his brow.

It didn't take Yoohan long to understand the content and what the madman meant. "Targets," he muttered, flipping the documents. There was detailed information about each person there, from their life history to their habit.