Babysitting is about keeping your charge on a leash (2)

Lamenting the break that got cut short, Yoohan followed the madman to the top floor where the Chairman's office was. When they arrived there, however, someone was already sitting on the couch in the lounge outside the office, talking to the Madam.

Of course, Jay didn't care.

"Mother, I bring him," he still held Yoohan's hand, in case the rabbit hopped off somewhere. "Huh, you have a guest?"

"Oh, you're here!" the Madam perked up and shifted her attention to her sons immediately. "Excellent! You can talk about that stuff with Jay, Changsik."

Mari stood up after one-sidedly ending the conversation. Immediately, her secretaries came over with her coat and handbag in their hands and helped her get ready.

"What? You're leaving?" the guest looked at the Madam with a dumbfounded look, just as confused as the assistant who came with him. Just as confused as Yoohan. "But I just got here!"

Yeah, he just got here! Why don't you continue the talk while I get my break--was what Yoohan shouted inside his mind.

"That's why there's something called an appointment," Mari said nonchalantly, walking away after wearing her coat. "Just chat with Jay, okay? He knows everything anyway."

"Oh, come on!" the man stood up and whined. Rather than being angry for getting shoved away for someone else, he looked more annoyed to get his time with the Madam cut short. "Don't treat me like a stranger, noona. Where are you going anyway?"

"I have a date with my son," Mari replied without care while waving her hand. "Bye~"

Changsik blinked and watched in a daze as Yoon Mari walked toward the two young men who just arrived. She grabbed the younger one's elbow and dragged the flabbergasted youth away, leaving Changsik even more confused than ever.

"Come on, sweety," Mari said cheerfully while taking Yoohan to the elevator, with her secretaries and bodyguard following behind.

The poor, neglected guest turned his head to look at another man left behind there. "Does your mother have a son I don't know about?"

"No," Jay replied briefly.

"Then who is that young man?"

"Her son."

Changsik looked at Jay like he was suddenly losing his brain cells. Huh?

Jay curled his lips as his usually cold eyes watched the figure of his confused bunny disappear behind the elevator door. "Her son-in-law."

"...huh?!"

* * *

"Is that okay?" Yoohan asked while the elevator moved to the lobby.

"What is?" Mari tilted her head. "Oh, that--pfft--don't mind that man. It's time he learned tact," she scoffed. Who told him to just come unannounced like it was a playing ground anyway? Just because they used to be childhood friends. "Jay is now taking over most of the business anyway, so it's better for him to talk to Jay."

Yoohan blinked and looked at himself. "But...I'm his assistant...?"

If his boss was about to talk about business, shouldn't he be there?

"Don't sweat the details," Mari swatted the air with her hand. The elevator dinged and opened then, and she circled her arm around Yoohan's elbow. "Now, should we start with lunch first? Shopping needs energy after all!"

"Is it?" Yoohan blinked repeatedly in dread. The thought of getting dragged around shops was so frightening that he had no mind to worry about how the other employees would think seeing him in the Madam's arms like this. "How long do you--"