Babysitting is about keeping your charge on a leash (3)

Thankfully for Yoohan, this exclusive tower had a lot of jewelry stores for the Madam to choose from; no need to get out and exert more energy.

Truly, Yoohan wondered how the Madam and her entourage had an inbound energy to move around. He exercised diligently every day, and yet he was already exhausted just by visiting a few stores. It was even more exhausting to tell the Madam that what they bought was enough, that it was already too much, that they were supposed to buy things for the party--that single party--and not to fill Yoohan's entire closet.

The thing was, Yoon Mari--just like her son--was really hard to be satisfied. They had to check on several stores before she finally decided the goods were good enough for her son to wear.

Even though Yoohan thinks the first store was already better than anything he had ever owned.

Again, it was exhausting. They had to go to three stores before the Madam was satisfied with not just the goods, but also the service.

"Can you show me some studs? Not the fancy ones--Yoohanie didn't like those--right?" she smiled so gently that Yoohan didn't even mind being called with that cute nickname anymore and just nodded obediently.

"Umm...yeah."

The manager responded swiftly, snapping his fingers to summon the clerks. "Certainly, Madam."

As if they had prepared it beforehand, it didn't take them a minute to bring out a tray of selected and curated pairs of studs, each with different shapes and colored jewels, but small enough to not get too noticeable until people looked at it closely. They were also suitable enough to be worn with any outfit, even the formal ones.

"This is our simplest style, but you need not worry about the quality," the manager spread his hands as the clerks showed the studs. He looked at Yoohan, who was clearly the recipient of the goods, and asked with a smile. "Are there any color preferences?"

"...black," Yoohan replied after a few seconds of delay, feeling weirded out to be asked like he was the one who would actually buy it.

Mari stroked the edge of Yoohan's new hair, rubbing the area around his earlobe. "Black does look good on you," she nodded in agreement, before getting back to the displayed accessories. "These diamond ones are also pretty, though...hmm..." she pondered with a troubled face, and in the end asked her all-in-one private assistant. "What do you think, Eugene?"

"There's no need to just pick one set, Madam," Kim Yoojin answered easily without any delay.

"Of course!" the Madam clasped her hands, and the manager got even more generous with his smile. "Yoohanie has several piercings anyway," she tilted her head to examine Yoohan's six piercing holes, tapping her chin in ponder. "What about something other than studs?"

"Please give me a moment," even though the question was for Yoohan, the manager swiftly made the clerks fetch another batch of earrings. In just a few short minutes, there were already three trays filled with elegant-looking earrings. 

"Is there anything you like, Yoohan-ah?" the Madam asked while examining the earrings one by one. She recalled Jay's words about how Yoohan wasn't really good at fashion, but still, she wanted Yoohan to at least choose one or two. 

But there was no answer from the young man.

"Yoohan-ah?" Mari turned to look at Yoohan after a minute of silence.

Yoohan, who had been looking at specific diamond-shaped earrings, flinched and replied in surprise. "Oh--I'm sorry, yes?" 

Mari smiled and scooted closer to pat Yoohan's back and peeked at the one Yoohan had been looking at. It was a pair of diamond-shaped earrings with bluish-grey stones. "Do you like that one?"