8

Reading over the lyrics I've just written down, I huff out a sigh, shaking my head as I cross out the last line I'd added. I groan tiredly in frustration, knowing I need to get through these song as quickly as I can so that I have enough time in my schedule to actually create the music I have in mind for each song. That's something that'll actually take up a good chunk of time, time that I won't have to spare, time that can't be utilized during my school days. I'm already under a week out from the first of what's to come with our schedules, and I know that's only going to make it that much more difficult for me to get everything done when it needs to be.

"Jihyun?"

My eyes widen as my head snaps up, having been far too lost in thought to have heard any doors opening or feet pattering apparently. I find Yoongi stood at the mouth of the hall, tired and curious as he tilts his head at the sight before him. I'm sat at the dining table, jacket tossed on the back of the chair beside of me, and I can't imagine the state of my hair by now for how late it is and how much I've fussed with it while working. The table before me is rather a mess as well, scattered with papers everywhere even if what I'm sure comes off as a disaster to him makes complete sense to me.

"Yoongi? What're you doing up? It's like, nearly three in the morning at this point." I question quietly, not wanting to be so loud as to risk waking the others who're all asleep in their rooms. He frowns lightly at this, rubbing the side of his face tiredly as he wanders his way over to where I'm at before sitting down across from me.

"Looks like I could say the same to you." Yoongi mumbles out with a yawn. The lack of my heart racing at this point nearly frightens me, and I don't know if it's just the fact of how late it is or if my body is finally beginning to accept the notion that Yoongi's actually safe that's causing the lack of reaction. I just focus on the conversation though, shrugging as I look back down to the papers in front of me.

"Nah. This is actually rather usual for me. I haven't seen you or anyone else up this late since we've all moved in here though. What're you doing up?" I breathe out with a sigh, looking over the less than neat piles of paper I have in front of us at the moment.

"Sleeping on the couch is too?"

I frown at the question, looking up at him through my curtain bangs without bothering to properly pick my head back up. He smiles at my reaction though, motioning with his head towards the couch directly behind him.

"I suppose you usually put your blanket back in your bag before you expect anyone to be up in the morning?" He continues, and I huff as my head falls backwards, knowing he's fully right and that he most certainly wasn't supposed to catch that. I just sigh at this, reluctantly pulling my head back to a neutral position, being met with an amused gummy grin. His smile hasn't changed since we were all still back in Daegu, and I don't entirely know what it's something that's reassuring.

"Due to Minsae's past, she does better if she has her own room. It was a nightmare for her to share the sole bedroom we had back at the dorm when the five of them all had to squeeze in there. Plus, I don't sleep much to begin with, so it'd just be a hassle for me to share a room with anyone. It works out better for everyone this way." I explain vaguely, pursing my lips as I quickly jot down a few more lyrics that come to mind.

"What happened in her past?" Yoongi mumbles in confusion, head tilting once more. I just quirk an eyebrow at him, glancing up through my bangs once more before returning my attention to the sheet that I'm writing my lyrics down on.

"It's not my past to share, Yoongi. I know you're a very trustworthy person, but for me to tell anyone her past for her only subjects myself to her ability to tell people of mine, and I have no interest in that game. I would tell you to just ask her yourself, but you would get just as far with her as you will with me on that subject." I answer, watching the way my pen flows over the paper with more lyrics to add to the song.