20

"What?"

I don't bother looking up from my computer screen, can feel Yoongi's eyes on me as we sit in his bed with me curled into his side. He's got an arm wrapped around my shoulder, not bothering to really work on anything himself tonight, instead listening to me working on creating the music for more of the songs I'd written. I don't get an answer right away, causing me to pause what I'm doing so that I can tilt my head back to look up at him curiously, wondering why it is he's looking at me rather than my screen like he'd been doing earlier.

Even in the dark of the room, with nothing more than a bedside table lamp and the light from my laptop screen, I can still manage to make out his features rather clearly, wondering what it is that's on his mind. He doesn't give me an answer though, just giving me a warm smile and closing his eyes lightly as he shakes his head at me. I frown in confusion, not moving myself as I wait for him to stop, watching as he soon looks back down at me.

"What?" I question again, though he just continues to smile.

"What?" He counters, and I find myself rolling my eyes at him with a huff before returning to the work that I've got ahead of me.

"You know I can feel you looking at me, right?" I challenge, not bothering to look back up at him again. He just giggles softly at this, feeling him shrug against me rather than giving me a proper answer. It makes me pout, not understanding why the hell I can't get a straight answer from him on something so simple. I can hardly manage to focus with his full attention on me and not even so much as glancing towards my laptop, soon groaning as I tip my head back once more to look up at him. There's amusement playing on his lips, reaching his hand up to brush his fingers through my hair instead of leaving his arm draped over my shoulders.

"What is on your mind so much?" I pout, hoping to get some sort of real answer this time. He just chuckles, and I don't appreciate his amusement in all of this.

"Why does it bother you so much?" Yoongi argues, tiny smirk on his lips. I scrunch my nose up at the question, frustrated by his lack of answer.

"Why can't you just tell me?" I shoot back, frowning up at him. He just smiles though, shaking his head once more.

"As if you tell me all of what goes on inside your own head." Yoongi points out, eyebrow quirked. I squint up at him, not appreciating this back and forth avoidance.

"You've never asked. I am." I challenge, wanting to just get a simple answer from all of this. I have work to be doing and he doesn't usually have such full attention on me like this, unless we're actually having a proper conversation. He merely hums, nodding at my argument. He doesn't actually respond though, and I heave a sigh as I begrudgingly attempt to focus on work, accepting the fact that it seems he's not going to budge on this matter.

We fall silent for a while, and I do the best I can to focus on my laptop and not the feeling of his gaze resting on me. I can only hope it's nothing bad, that there's nothing hidden about it all, no ideas that'll leave me fucked in the end. It's not an easy feat, but eventually I manage to zone back into work, trying to get the music to align with the ideas I've had in my head for each song.

"You."

I frown, hands freezing at the simple word, not understanding what that's supposed to mean.

"Huh?"

My heart's beginning to race, not entirely sure how I feel about this, not understanding what he's talking about.

"You asked what was on my mind. You."

I can't bring myself to look back up at him at this point, just staring at the bright screen in front of me, trying to remember how the hell to formulate words again.