Chapter 41

Kingston's POV (😱)

Seeing my Princess cry over her grandmother mistreating her, broke my heart. "Princess, don't go." I said grabbing Cereza's hand, trying to stop her.

She snatched her hand away from me. "Don't call me that. I'm not your Princess, I'm your bastard child, remember?" She said before running out of the room.

We sat there, speechless. This dinner was an entire disaster!

Mother's actions and behavior was absolutely unacceptable! I'm no better. I made Cereza feel like I was just letting my mother disrespect her and Diana, like I didn't care, but I wasn't trying to do that.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed frustratedly.

"Kingston-" Mother started softly, her tone different then before, but I interrupted her.

"It would be best, if you remain quiet Mother." I said trying to keep my cool, but she didn't listen to me. "Kingston I-" That's when I blew up.

"YOU HAVE SINGLE HANDEDLY RUINED CEREZA'S EXPERIENCE HERE! YOU'VE DONE NOTHING BUT MAKE HER FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE SINCE YOU MET HER! WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY SAY TO ME?" I boomed.

Mother was taken aback by my outburst. Very few times have I actually raised my voice at her, so when it happens, she knows she's wrong. "I-l'm sorry...." Mother stuttered softly.

"SORRY? NOW YOU'RE SORRY? PLEASE TELL WHEN YOU SUDDENLY BECAME SO SORRY ALL OF SUDDEN! WERE YOU SORRY WHEN YOU MADE YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER FEEL TERRIBLE BECAUSE YOU'RE STUCK HAVING THIS VENDETTA AGAINST A WOMAN WHO HAS NEVER ONCE DONE ANYTHING TO YOU? OR WAS IT WHEN YOU THREATENED TO THROW HER IN THE DUNGEON? HUH? WERE YOU SORRY THEN? OH WAIT, WAS IT WHEN YOU CALLED DIANA EVERYTHING BUT HER NAME? OH, OH, OR WERE YOU SORRY BEFORE OR AFTER YOU THREW A DRINK ON MY DAUGHTER? WAIT, WAIT, AND THIS IS A GOOD ONE. WERE YOU SORRY WHEN YOU DROVE THE ONLY WOMAN I EVER LOVED AWAY? HMM? TELL ME, WERE YOU SORRY THEN???" I yelled angrily.

"Kingston-"

"IF ALL YOU'RE GOING TO SAY IS MY NAME THEN DON'T SPEAK AT ALL! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? DIANA IS HER MOTHER, SHE'S ONLY GOING TO NATURALLY BE DEFENSIVE OF HER WHEN SOMEONE INSULTS HER! WHAT IS IT ABOUT DIANA THAT PISSES YOU OFF SO MUCH??? DID YOU ACTUALLY SEE HER HAVE AN AFFAIR? OR IS IT BECAUSE YOU THINK DIANA TOOK ME FROM YOU? IS IT THAT I'M NOT YOUR LITTLE BOY ANYMORE? WHAT IS IT?" I asked.

Mother softly chuckled. "No, I haven't seen her with my own eyes. You know, these days, I don't really know anymore....." She said melancholic

"THEN WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE? WHAT WAS THE REASON FOR ALL THE HELL YOU GAVE CEREZA? IT'S BEEN OVER 20 YEARS, LEARN TO GET OVER IT BECAUSE DIANA ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE AND NEITHER IS CEREZA!!!" I took a deep breath and collected myself.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go talk to my daughter. You can either go to your room or leave, I don't care which." I said before walking out of the room.

As I was walking down the hall, Ezriah appeared next to me. "Are you alright? Because you guys are the talk of the castle tonight." He said.

I stopped in my tracks. "This castle is too damn small." I said.

Ezriah gave me a look.

I shoot him back another one. "You know what the hell I meant." I said continuing to walk towards Cereza's room.

Ezriah grabbed my shoulder. "Well, your majesty, as your royal advisor, I'd say you cannot take this disrespect. But, as your friend Kingston, I'd say I think you should let her cool off first. Give it an hour or two, then go talk to her." He said.