Chapter 12

Cereza's POV

I really appreciated what Mom and my friends did for my birthday. Even though, I asked for them to do nothing, I couldn't have had a better birthday.

The fact that Jason sung to me. His voice is so good! I wonder if he ever thought about trying to get a record deal.

That boy right there, has some talent!

It was that awkward time between Christmas and New Years.

I had just finish putting on a fresh set of night clothes. I was tired from a long day of doing nothing. I snuggled underneath my blankets and drifted off to sleep.

It was dark and quiet. It wasn't comforting, it was unsettling. I looked around, only my to end up seeing nothing but darkness.

"Looking for someone?" A voice said.

I screamed and turned around to come face to face with Eric.

"What are you doing in my dream!?!" I screamed.

"Well, it's pretty obvious. You've been thinking about me, the man of your dreams." He said smirking.

"Really, I haven't. You are not the man of my dreams, you're the man of my nightmares." I retorted. He started walking near me and reached out to touch me.

"Don't fucking touch me!!!" I yelled. He reached for me again.

"I thought I told you not to fucking touch me!!!" I screamed as I swung at him, successfully punching Eric in the face.

He stumbled back and looked at me in surprise. He wiped his face and looked at his hand to see if there was any blood.

He chuckled darkly. "So that's how we're gonna play." He say darkly.

Uh oh.

I ran for dear life. Eric started to run after me. I was running as fast as I could, but for whatever reason, I couldn't run as fast.

I don't know what I tripped over, but something made me fall. I tried to get back up and run, but Eric grabbed me. He pulled me to his chest.

"You are going to get punished for what you did to me baby girl." He said seductively.

No no no! Tears started to cloud my vision.

"Let go of me Eric!" I say as I squirm to get away.

"No." He said as he laughed.

"Cereza..... sweetie...... Wake...... Cereza.... Wake up!!" A voice said.

Eric looked around. "Who is that?" He asked. I felt myself shaking, but it wasn't out of fear, someone was shaking my body!

I saw the darkness around me clear up and Eric's face was replaced with my Mom's. I'm not even going to ask how, I'm just glad to see her right now!

I was covered in sweat and breathing very heavily.

Mom pulled me in for a hug. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" She said checking over me to see if I'm hurt.

"No, I'm okay, just..... shaken." I say unsure of how she knew what was going on. "How do you know what I was dreaming about?" I ask.

"I-I just, W-, I-, there's a lot I have to tell you. For now, just get some sleep. I'll explain everything later, I promise." Mom said as she rubbed my back.

"O-Okay." I say and lay back down. "Just try and get some rest." She said. I close my eyes.

It's dark again, with the unsettling feeling.