Chapter 31

Jason's POV

We entered the room and my eyes immediately locked onto Cereza. She was asleep of course, but I wanted nothing more than to see her beautiful blue eyes again.

I took a seat on the left side of the bed and the girls took their seats on the right. I grabbed Cereza's hand and held it in mine. It's not like she can returned the hold. Her body is so limp. Like, I know they sedated her, but it doesn't feel like she's alive.

"She's gaining her energy back. I can sense it." Rae said breaking the silence. "How can you tell?" Penelope asked.

"As a fairy, I can sense others magical energies. Like I can feel Diana, Elder Roxianne and my Mom...... Jason." She said the last part under her breath, but I caught it. "What?" I said aloud.

"Huh?" She said.

"What did you just say?" I asked. "Nothing, I stopped at my Mom." She said knowing damn well she is lying.

"How come you can't feel King Kingston?" Penelope asked changing the subject. "Well, for one, he's not a fairy. Two, he just doesn't have magic. He's a citizen of the Magic Realm, but he's a king, his only powers are that of authority." Rae explained.

"Ohhh, good to know." Penelope said. I chucked at that. The girls turn their attention to me. "How are you holding up?" Rae asked. "I'm okay, for now at least. Would be better if she were awake." I said.

"I heard that." Rae said.

"Yeah, same. I hate seeing my best friend like this. It's heartbreaking." Penelope said tearing up.

"Oh Penelope." Rae said as she pulled Penelope in for a hug. "She'll be okay. We're here and nobody can protect her like we can." Rae said. "But, you are right. It is heartbreaking and I hate seeing her like this too." Rae said wiping away tears of her own.

"You're telling me." I said resting my head on my hand. I forgot that I did get slapped the shit out of by my mother, and pressed the wrong cheek into my hand. "Ow." I said quickly removing my hand.

"What did you do?" Penelope asked. "It's nothing. I just put my hand on the wrong side." I said. I can't wait till this shit heal. WAIT A MINUTE! HEAL! I remembered that the last time I got slapped, Cereza healed my cheek. I wonder if Rae can do the same type of thing to Cereza.

"Rae." I called. "What?" She answered. "Last time I got slapped, Cereza was able to heal it for me. Do you think you can do that for Cereza?" I asked. "I mean, I can heal your face, but Cereza's body needs to heal on its own. Her body had over-exerted too much magical energy. She literally brought you back to life and there's no telling what else she could have given you. Right now, her body needs a break from magic. No known fairy living in today's time has done what she did, and even then, it was rare to see such a display of magic. We don't have enough information of what to do next. So, right now the only thing we can do, is let her rest." Rae said.

"Oh...." I said sadly. So much for that, but she's right. Cereza needs a break. It's kind of weird because everyone thinks Cereza gave me something, or at least affected me in some way. They make it sound like she gave me an STD. Thank god that's not the case.

"Let me take care of that for you." Rae said placing her hand on the side of my face. I can see her hand glow from the corner of my eye. "There you go. It should feel better now." She said. I feel the side of my face and it feels a whole lot better. "Thanks Rae." I said. "No problem." She said.

"Look Jason, I'm sorry all this happened." Rae said. "Why are you apologizing? This isn't your fault." I said. "I know, but I feel like we should have done more, you know? I feel like if we had fought harder, if we had done a better job at protecting Cereza, none of this would have happened." She said.