⟢ 26﹒Realization

"Heizou!"

"Heizou!"

While walking through the halls, she could see her favorite boy in the student council lounge, standing perfectly in the middle of the window, staring down at the fields full of peoples hanging out together.

This was something the boy had used with,

but now he too get to experience it.

"N/N? What are you doing alone?"

The boy turned his body to face the girl who was standing at the door, hands holding the doorframe.

"...Looking for someone that's supposed to be my protector of course"

The boy's lips curved upwards, "Surely you don't take it too seriously?"

"I don't... But you do" She lets out a small laugh.

Everytime Y/N weren't by Heizou's side, the boy would mostly look out for her from the side, no matter where they are. The girl's safety was his top priority.

"Ah, you noticed hm? It's my job afterall" The boy said it with a hint of smug in his voice.

Though of course, Heizou would often let the girl be herself, he lets her be with whoever she wants to be. He wouldn't force her to stay by his side all the time if she's uncomfortable with it, so he just looks out for her from afar. He's a true gentleman.

"Though, like I said before,"

"I'll have you know that you won't be stuck beside me for 24 hours and needs to deal with listening to all clues and shits about cases-"

"But I want to" Y/N tilted her head.

Heizou blinked once. "You still do?"

"Yea, that's why I'm your assistant in the first place"

"Even if it's your parents murderer?"

"The most important part."

"...That's why I'm keeping an eye out for you"

Y/N blinked.

"... I don't actually want you to accidentally attempt a murder before graduating-"

"Oh I won't!" Y/N crossed her hands while laugh.

"Speaking off it... I saw your rank! Number 3 huh?"

"Heh seems like it" He smirked.

"Seems like the detective side of yours really did the work afterall" She joked.

"Me? Heh. Nothing compares to the always number 1 in her grade!"

Y/N rolled her eyes sheepishly. "I really thought that studying less would make my grades lowered.."

"But if that happens, you would just go back to study 24/7, we wouldn't want that do we?"

Y/N lets out a soft laugh, "Yeah it's exhausting"