Seven; That should be me

"Oh my god what the fuck, Niki?" Niki has always been a good friend of her. A best friend more like. But some years ago he had to move to the states to continue his studies. They had a lots of good memories together. They had been stuck by each other forever. Even leaving korea couldn't cut the tie between them.

He opens his arms for Yurim. He promised to stay by her at her worst. He couldn't stay beside her for real but he kept texting and calling her time to time. But this month they were a little distant from each other.

Niki opens his arms for Yurim and Yurim jumps in his arms. The same warmth in his arms and the same bond. Nothing seemed to change. They were both so dear to each other. "You got a lot to explain. You didn't reply to my texts nor my calls. Do you know how much I have been suffering without you? I hate you so fucking much" Yurim frown as she hits his arms.

"I'm so sorry I just wanted to surprise you" Niki pouted. "Eh whatever come in" Yurim pulls him inside. He takes a seat on the couch. "Oh by the way this is for you" Niki says as he hands her a box. "Woah Nishimura since when did you start bringing gifts for me" Niki frowns at Yurim's word. "Okay then give that to me back"

"No thank you" Yurim giggles. She opens the box and her eyes widened. "Woah did you choose these?" She looks at him with a surprised look. "Nah my mom did as you know I'm very bad at these" Niki rolls his eyes. "I knew it, thanks to my auntie she's the best" Yurim laughs as she closes the box and keeps it aside.

"Okay now tell me about your life" Yurim asks Niki. "Life is so boring" Niki sighs. "I see, you're not over her. Are you?" Yurim teased. "I guess you're right. These two years were hell for me. I couldn't get her out of my mind. We shouldn't have ended up like that. I knew I messed up very bad. I never meant those words I said"

"I knew it Niki. I knew you never meant any of it. If you really love her then you have to approach her again, and try to break every misunderstanding. I promise you everything will be fine" Yurim comforted him. "Damn you really make people feel the best with your words" Niki left out a small sigh as he through his head back on the couch.

They kept talking about life and their memories in school and everything. Then the doorbell decided to interrupt them. "Bruh who is interrupting our bestie talk now" Yurim walked towards the door as she rolled her eyes. And then another shock.

"Jake?" Yurim blankly stared at him and gestured him to come in. He walks towards the living room, he noticed something unfamiliar. Someone actually. Niki looked at Yurim and smirked.

"Oh- Jake this is Niki, my best friend" Yurim introduced them to each other "Nice to meet you man" Niki said as he shook hands with Jake. "You too" Jake hesitantly smiled. And then realization hit Yurim. She even forgot about Jake for a while after Niki came.

Jake took a seat on the couch and they chatted for a while. Yurim walked towards the kitchen and bought two cups of hot chocolate for them and some cookies her mom made for her. "Woah your mom made these cookies right? I still remember how much I used to love them. In fact I still do. I missed this" he says as he stuffed a cookie in his mouth.

"Of course idiot" Yurim laughs at his cute behavior. Jake side eyed them while taking a sip from his cup.

Jake regretted his life decision. He felt a tint of jealousy creep upon him. He felt like a third wheel. He knew he made Yurim upset because of his behavior last night. He was here to make it up to her. And now she doesn't even seem to remember it. She's laughing with him. He couldn't do anything but admire her smiling secretly.

The soft sound of her smile felt like a sweet melody to him. But knowing that it wasn't him who was making her smile his heart broke, he wanted to be the one to make her smile but ended up as the one to make her upset. Why am I even feeling like this? Am i jealous? Am i jealous of Niki?

His heart aches at the thought of her ignoring his presence. Niki is the one to get all of her attention. He thinks that's what he deserved after all. He made all of her excitement sink in a blink of an eye. Although she loved spending time with him but not today.

Yurim was hurting too. Her mind was surrounded by thoughts of Jake and Jake only. She smiled a lot with Niki. She was happy to have him by her side again. But now her smile looked fake, Niki knew. He knew her very well. He knew that something was going between them, he noticed them exchanging glances to each other.

Niki decided to break the awkwardness between the three of them. He knew Jake felt left out. Yurim and Niki were talking a lot but Jake didn't. Niki didn't want him to feel like an outcast. He was curious about Jake and Yurim. He knew he missed a lot and he needs to know what he missed.

"Yurim you didn't tell me anything about Jake, I'm sad" Niki pouted. "You're such an idiot, you didn't even check how many texts I've sent you about hi–" Yurim stopped as she realized what she was about to say. "I– I mean– you should've checked" her cheeks heated up for a moment and she couldn't hold eye contact with Jake anymore.

Jake, on the other hand felt relieved, so relieved. He felt little special. "Well I did, you didn't check. I just wanted to hear it from you" Niki teased. Jake wasn't quite sure of the fact what was her impression about him right now, that bothered him a lot. He wanted to talk things out with her but he didn't know how to.

Suddenly Niki's phone starts ringing. He pulls it out from his pocket. He frowns as he sees an unknown number and then decides to pick it up. "Hello?" "Hey, Niki" Niki looks at Yurim with wide eyes. "Arin?" Yurim puts a hand on her mouth as her eyes widened too and Jake couldn't seem to understand anything, at all.

"You remember me, my voice too" Arin smiles from the other side of the phone. Yurim giggles watching Niki. "I- Of course I do–" Niki struggles to speak the right words. "I'll be waiting for you at the café we used to meet always, I hope you won't mind meeting me there" Arin says in a soft tone. "I will meet you" Niki replies to her and she hangs up.

"Yurim did you– did you see? That was Arin. I have to go meet her. No no wait first I have to go home and dress up well and then I'll go meet her" he excitedly exclaims. "Yeah I can't believe. That was so unexpected"

"I'll go now. Bye bye Yuri and also bye Jake" he dramatically throws flying kisses at Jake and Yurim and disappears within a minute leaving those two alone. And Jake finally speaks.

"Let me make it up to you, Yurim"