Chapter 5 - First Lesson

~Harry's POV~

When me, Bella and Hollie enter the common room after dinner, the atmosphere changes.

I notice Bam holding a newspaper which is bashing Bella and her experience with Voldemort.

"Ryan, Bam. Good holiday?" I ask.

"Alright," Ryan replies. "Better than Bam's anyway."

Bam dumps the paper down and stands.

"Billy didn't want me to come back this year."

"Why not?" Hollie asks.

"Let me see," he says, looking at Bella. "Because of you. The Daily Prophet's been saying alot of things about you and Dumbledore."

"Billy knows me, he believes what I said about Voldemort," Bella says with confusion on her face.

"He and the rest of the tribe were just humouring you, Bella. You were the only one there the night Cedric died."

"Well I guess you should believe a stupid paper instead of the girl you say you love."

"Don't even pull that one on me Bella, you made your choice."

"Yes I made my choice but how can anyone who has pursued the one they love for as long as you have suddenly not care about them anymore?"

"I've moved on, Bella. You gave me no choice."

"Oh so it's that easy for you?" she asks, sarcastically.

"No, it wasn't easy for me Bella," he says offensively.

"Well, if you weren't such an idiot, chasing something that never existed, maybe it would have been easier for you."

"You bitch."

Bella punches him, and with such force that he falls backwards and puts his hand up to his face.

"Yeah, I am a bitch. You wanna make something of it, Margera."

"Damn, Bella," Fred says.

"I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of you," George says.

I know she's been through alot, and it's made her tough but I never expected her to hit Bam, not in a million years.

"Oh my gosh, she's made him bleed," somebody says and I notice blood dripping from Bam's nose and covering his hand.

"You know what, Potter; I don't why I wasted so much time on you."

"Neither do I," she says.

"What's going on?" Ron asks when he, Edward and Emmett walk in.

"She's mad," Bam says. "That's what's going on. Do you believe the rubbish she's come out with about You-Know-Who?"

"Yeah, I do," Ron says as he moves over next to us. Edward comes over too and takes Bella's hand.

"Brandon, you know me and you know I'm telling the truth when I say Bella is not lying."

Bam is the only one in the common room other than me, Hollie and Bella who know what Edward is and that he can read minds.

"You would say anything to protect your precious Bella."

"Stop this, right this instant," Alice says as she enters the room and comes over to us. "Brandon, if you can't say anything nice, don't bother saying anything at all."

"Now has anyone else got a problem with Bella?" I ask.

Nobody says anything so Bella heads up the stairs, followed by Edward and Emmett. The rest of us follow, leaving the others to talk about us freely.