Chapter 27 - Leaving Littlehampton

~Draco's POV~

I'm sitting at the grand table in our dining room amongst all the Death Eaters. Next to me, happy to be part of Voldemort's followers, though under the Imperius Curse, is Emberlee, almost ready to give birth.

I, however, am no longer under the curse, now that Dumbledore is dead and the only thing keeping me here is her. She won't leave while she's under the curse and there's no way I'm leaving her.

At one end of the table is Voldemort, and at the other is Pius, the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, also under the Imperius Curse.

Professor Burbage is floating on her back across the room with her head back, and she's not in good shape.

Snape walks in.

"Severus," Voldemort says. "I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come, we've saved you a seat."

He sits down.

"You bring news, I trust?"

"The Potter children have not yet been found, my Lord," Snape says. "Miss Swan's address was always on the school records as being the same as Harry and Hollie, number 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging."

"Have you found the Cullen boy? He was close to Isabella was he not."

"The Cullen family do not have an address on the school records, my Lord. We have no idea where to look."

"That is disappointing."

"The Auror Office no longer plays any part in the protection of the Potter children," Snape says. "Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the Ministry."

"Well, they got that right," Yaxley and a few others, including Emberlee laugh.

"What say you, Pius?"

"One hears many things, my Lord. Whether the truth is among them is not clear."

"Heh. Spoken like a true politician. You will, I think, prove most useful, Pius."

"My Lord," Bellatrix says. "I would like the opportunity to find and kill the children."

"As inspiring as I find your bloodlust, Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill the Potter children. But," he says as he stands. "I face an unfortunate complication."

He goes back and forth either side of his chair.

"That my wand and both Potter children's share the same core. They are, in some ways, and need I say, ironically, triplets. We can wound, but not fatally harm one another."

He puts down his wand and begins to make his way alongside my side of the table.

"If I am to kill them, I must do it with another's wand."

Nobody says a word until he passes Emberlee.

"You can have my wand, my Lord," she says with a smile as she holds it out.

Voldemort comes back to her and leans over, pushing her wand away.

"You are already giving so much, young Potter. I cannot take your wand."

He looks past me.

"What about you, Lucius?"

He stands and goes behind my father.

"My Lord?"

"My Lord?" he mocks before holding out his hand. "I require your wand."

Reluctantly my father hands over his wand.