Chapter 10 - Patronus

~Harry's POV~

As I'm walking through the courtyard with Cho, talking, I hear Hermione calling my name and I turn just as she, Hollie, Bella, Ron and Ben reach me.

"Hagrid's back," Hermione says before the five of them turn and hurry away.

I turn to Cho, unsure what to do.

"I'm sorry," I tell her before I race after the others.

We don't stop until we reach Hagrid's but before we go in, we hear Umbridge inside so we look through the window until she looks out so we stay below the window.

"I will say this one last time," Umbridge says. "I'm ordering you to tell me where you've been."

"I told you. I've been away for my health."

"Your health?"

"Yeah. Bit of fresh air, you know."

"Oh, yes. As gamekeeper, fresh air must be difficult to come by."

"Bitch," Bella whispers.

"If I were you, I shouldn't get too used to being back. In fact, I mightn't bother unpacking at all."

We move round to the side of the house as she comes out and we go in the back door.

"Hi children," Hagrid says before giving us all a squeeze. "No Brandon and Ryan?"

I notice he's pretty banged up.

"They don't hang around with us much since Cedric died. Think we're making up a load of lies."

"But didn't Brandon have a soft spot for you Bella?"

"I thought so but it seems he can turn off his feelings just like that."

"So where have you been?" Hermione asks.

"Sit down, sit down," he orders so we do. "Now, this is top secret, right? Dumbledore sent me to parley with the giants."

"Giants?" Hollie asks. "You found them?"

"Well, they're not that hard to find, to be perfectly honest. They're so big, see? I tried to convince them to join the cause. But I wasn't the only one that was trying to win them over."

"Death Eaters?" Ron asks.

"Yes. Trying to persuade them to join You-Know-Who."

"Did they?" I ask.

"I gave them Dumbledore's message. Suppose some of them remember he was friendly to them. I suppose."

He sighs.

"And they did this to you?"

"Not exactly, no."

Fang barks for the meat Hagrid is using on his wounds.

"Oh, go on, you have it, then, you dozy dog."

He throws the meat to the floor and Fang starts chomping on it.

The wind outside starts picking up and there's light rumbling so we all stand up and go to the window.

"It's changing out there," Hagrid says. "Just like last time. There's a storm coming. We'd all best be ready when she does."

~Bella's POV~

When I come into the common room with Edward the next day, after third lesson, there's silence and I realise that the others are listening to the radio. The Minister is speaking.

"We have confirmed that 10 high-security prisoners, in the early hours of yesterday evening did escape. And of course, the Muggle prime minister has been alerted to the danger. We strongly suspect that the breakout was engineered by a man with personal experience in escaping from Azkaban, notorious mass murderer Sirius Black; cousin of escapee Bellatrix Lestrange."

"Wait," Harry says. "Why is Sirius suddenly back in the frame?"

"Because Voldemort has brainwashed Fudge into believing the memory extractions we presented to them were false. He knows that if they are looking for Sirius, they won't be looking for Peter, the only one who will do whatever Voldemort wants without question," Edward explains.

"He even cut off his own hand to bring Voldemort back," I tell them.

I then notice Neville has his head in his hands so I put my hand on his shoulder.

"What's the matter?"

He looks up.

"Fifteen years ago, a Death Eater named Bellatrix Lestrange used a Cruciatus Curse on my parents. She tortured them for information but they never gave in. I'm quite proud to be their son."

"We're gonna make them proud, Neville," I tell him. "That's a promise."

"Bella," I hear a familiar voice and turn to see Ryan and Bam by the door with Merida. "I wanted to apologize."

"Yeah, what for exactly?"

"Now even the tribe says the Prophet's version of things don't add up."

"You think?"

"So, what I'm really trying to say is that I believe you."

"About bloody time," Ron says.

I move forward and put my arms round him.

"I can't say things will be the same as they were before but I forgive you."

I move back and turn to Edward, who smiles at me.

Later, in the R.O.R, I tell the others they're going to learn about the Patronus Charm and explain how to do it before I show them.

They all spread out and start practising as we walk around the room, and the Cullens watch.

"Make is a powerful memory," Harry says. "The happiest you can remember. Allow it to fill you up. Keep trying, Bam. George, your turn now."

"A full-bodied Patronus," Hollie takes up the explaining. "Is the most difficult to produce but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents."

Emberlee produces a full-bodied leopard next to Draco, who performs a lion.

"Well done, you two."

They look at each other and smile.

Ginny produces a full body horse.

"Good job, Ginny."

"Just remember," I continue. "Your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused. So focus, Luna. This is really advanced stuff, guys. You're doing so well."

I move over to the Cullens with Harry and Hollie and watch as everyone practices their Charms.

"Well done, you three," Edward says. "I'm so proud of you."