Chapter 46 - Finding Out the Truth

~Bella's POV~

"Draco, take Emberlee to the Slytherin dorms, put her on a bed and then come and find us," I command.

He nods before he picks her up and hurries off.

"The rest of you, stick by me."

The six of us hurry down to the ground floor, blasting Death Eaters and snatchers as we go.

When we reach the courtyard, there are giants as well, and Ben races over to us, taking Hollie into his arms and giving her a kiss.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"I'm fine. We need to find Severus."

"I saw him heading to the boathouse."

We turn to head across the courtyard but are spotted by a giant who tries to hit us so we hide behind a giant shield. We are confronted by giant spiders so we fight our way across the courtyard where we find a Death Eater feeding on Lavender.

"No," Hermione shouts and blasts him but there's no time to help or grieve as a giant starts chasing us.

We continue until we reach the boathouse where we duck down behind the wall and listen.

"You have performed extraordinary magic with this wand, my Lord," Snape says. "In the last few hours alone."

"No," Voldemort says. "No. I am extraordinary but the wand resists me."

"There is no wand more powerful. Ollivander himself has said it. Tonight, when the Potter children come, it will not fail you. I am sure of it. It answers to you, and you only."

"Does it?"

"My Lord?"

"The wand. Does it truly answer to me? You're a clever man, Severus. Surely you must know. Where does its true loyalty lie?"

"With you, of course, my Lord."

"The Elder wand cannot serve me properly because I am not its true master. The Elder wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner. You killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you live, the Elder wand cannot truly be mine. You've been a good and faithful servant, Severus, but only I can live forever."

"My Lord..."

There's the sound of sparks and then a thud.

"Nagini, kill."

I hear the snake attacking Snape but I have to cover my ears.

It goes quiet.

"Voldemort's gone," Edward says so we go into the boathouse.

Snape is still alive but in a very bad shape. There's so much blood.

"I can't be in here," I say before I go back out.

~Harry's POV~

I crouch down next to the man who'd killed Dumbledore and place my hand on his chin. He looks at me and I see a tear escape his eye.

"Take them," he says as he cries. "Take them. Please."

I turn to the others.

"Give me something. Quickly. A flask, anything."

Hermione pulls a vial and I start collecting his tears.

"Take them to the Pensieve," Snape requests.

I stare at the vial.

"Look at me," Snape requests so I do. "You have your mother's eyes."

He turns and takes his last breathe.