Chapter 26 - Making Decisions

~Hollie's POV~

A few days later, after Dumbledore's memorial, the three of us - along with Ginny, Ben and Edward - go into Dumbledore's office and look around.

Bella goes up to his desk and picks up Dumbledore's wand just as McGonagall comes in.

"Bella," Edward says and she turns.

"In light of what has happened, if you should have the need to talk to someone..."

"I'm fine, professor," Bella says as she goes over to Edward, who puts his arms round her. "I have Edward."

"Professor Dumbledore... you meant a great deal to him, all three of you."

I nod and half smile before Edward leads me out of the office and the others follow.

~Harry's POV~

Later, me, Hermione and Ron are in the same tower where Dumbledore was killed.

"Do you think he would have done it? Draco?" Hermione asks.

"No. No, he was lowering his wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape. And we did nothing."

I hand her the locket.

"It's fake. Open it."

She opens it and finds a small folded piece of paper inside.

"To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. R.A.B."

She looks at me.

"R.A.B?"

"I don't know. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. Which means it was all a waste. All of it."

We all look at one another.

"Ron's okay with it, you know," Hermione says. "You and Ginny. But if I were you, when he's around, I'd keep the snogging to a minimum."

"We're not coming back, Hermione. We've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. And we don't know where that'll lead us but I'll let you and the others know where we are when we can. Edward and Ben are coming with us."

"I've always admired your courage, Harry. Yours, Bella's and Hollie's. But sometimes, you three can be really thick."

I look at her with confusion.

"You don't really think you're going to be able to stop us coming? Have you not learnt anything about friendship over the years?"

I smirk at her before I turn back and admire the view.

"I never realised how beautiful this place is."

There's a squawk and we see Reba flying through the sky so we watch as she flies off into the distance.