Dysfunctional Reunion

A/N: i don't know the background story of Dally's family, so i'm gonna make it up

tw: mentions of drug addicts and alcoholics

Dallas

"Hey doll," I said, walking into Mackenzie's  room. "Hi," She said. "I re-counted my money last night and I guess I have enough, so you don't need to pay me," I said. "Really?" She said. She didn't sound very surprised. "What'd you do?" I asked. "What're you talking about I didn't do anything," She said. "That's great though, I can go with you if you'd like,"

"Yeah, that'd be nice," I said. "Do you wanna go now or later?" She asked. "Probably now," I said. "I wanna get it over with,"

"Well then I'm ready to go," She said, standing up and taking my hand in hers. "I love you," She said. "Love you too," I said. She kissed my cheek and smiled. "Ready to go?" She asked. "Yeah, let's go man," I said and walked to the car. "You sure you want to do this right?" She asked. "Yeah," I said.

"It'll be fine, he'll get out, tell me everything I'm doin' wrong, then he'll leave," I said. "Is that the way you want it to be?" She asked.

"Don't matter what I want, that's the way it's always been," I said. She grabbed my hand in hers, running her thumb over it. As we pulled up to the jail, we walked inside and she stayed close to my side. "Dallas Winston in here without being in cuffs?" Officer Pete said. "Yep, here for another Winston," I said. "Your pops I assume?" He asked. "Yep," I said.

"Alright, fill out these forms, give me the money," He said. I handed him all the money and took the board from him.

I sloppily signed my name and filled out the stupid questions about relation to the person. I handed the forms back to Pete and he told us to wait there. "You okay?" She asked me. "Yeah, I'm good," I said. I watched as another officer brought him out. He looked at me and gave a smug smile. "Well what're you waitin' for?" He asked. "Aren't ya gonna give your old man a hug?"

He held his arms out and I cringed at the sight. "Fuck off," I said. "Let's just go,"

He put his arms down and followed us outside. "Who's this pretty little thing?" He asked, reaching for Mackenzie's arm. "Don't touch her," I said, moving her behind me. "I didn't do this so we could become a perfect little family alright?" I said. "Then why did ya?" He asked. "I want you out of my life, this is it, if you get thrown in jail again it isn't my problem," I said.

"So what? You're buying me out of your life?" He asked. "That's exactly what I'm doing," I said. "You're just like your mother," He chuckled.

My blood started to boil and I clenched my fist. "You always were a disappointment to me Dallas, never did one thing to make your pops proud," He said. "Shut the fuck up," I said. "So what? You're just gonna leave me? Like your momma did us? You're weak Dallas, you can pretend all you want to be a tough hood, but you'll always be a pussy," He said.  "I am nothing like her," I spat. "And you stickin' around was the biggest burden I've ever had to carry, so do us both a fucking favor, and leave me the hell alone," I said, shoving him away from me.

"Firey," He smirked. "Dal let's just go," Mackenzie said, grabbing my hand. "This one is gonna leave you eventually too, I don't know how the hell you got a broad like her," He said. "Go to hell," I spat and got into the car. Mackenzie followed and we drove silently back to Bucks.

Mackenzie

I followed Dally inside and he stormed up to his room. I sat at the bar and asked Buck for a coke. "Can I ask you something?" I said. "Sure kid," He said. "What do you know about Dally's family?" I asked.

"He's given as little information as he can, but I know enough to know it was one fucked up childhood," He said. "Could you tell me about it?" I asked. He nodded. "His pops has been an alcoholic his whole life," He started. "When they lived in New York, his mom was always strung out on coke, and his pops was always drunk,"

"Eventually his mom packed up and left, she left Dallas to pretty much take care of himself, his pops would send little 8 year old Dallas to find him booze, Dally got mixed up in some dark shit and was like that up until they moved here," He said. "That's the short version of the story as far as I know, but I've never pushed him to tell me more,"

"Thank you," I said. "Sure kiddo," He said. I went up to Dally's room and when I walked in, there was glass on the floor. "Dal?" I said.

He walked out from the bathroom with a bloody fist. "Oh Dallas," I frowned, going over to him. "What happened?" I asked, examining his hand. "I punched the mirror," He said. "You're gonna need stitches love," I said. "Let's just go to Darrel," He said.  "Okay," I sighed. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Not physically,"

"I'll be fine doll," He said. "Okay," I sighed. "Let's go,"