Everyone is Different

~ Flashback ~

JAYDEN POV

I breathe a sigh of relief as I step out of the examination room. I had just written my last exam for the semester. I could do whatever I wanted. I didn't exactly know what to do, though. Emily still had exams, so there was no hanging out with her for the next week unless it was to watch her study. I could go out to Kat's bar, but no, that was not what I wanted right now. I would wait to celebrate with Emily once she was finished. I want to just lay out and relax with someone... Isabel. 

I sent a quick text to Isabel and awaited the instant response I would always get from the woman in question, only to receive nothing even after an hour when I had gotten myself home. I found it very odd that she didn't respond. She was always so quick to respond to everything, even when she was at her restaurant. Isabel wouldn't ignore me, would she? Maybe she was just super busy. I nodded as I convinced myself and then decided to have a shower and change. 

After two more hours of radio silence from Isabel, I got up and got a dress heading over to her place. I took an Uber driver over to her spot as per usual and hoped out of the car before it even stopped. I was definitely worried about the woman for no reason. Was she even home. Maybe I should've called or blown up her phone with text instead of rushing over here like some worried girlfriend. It was a bit late for that, I was already at her doorsteps. 

I knocked on the door and waited, I didn't hear any movement on the other side, so I knocked again louder. That's when I heard some shuffling on the other side of the door. Isabel opened the door barely, I don't even think she checked to see who it was before opening the door. I watched as she glanced at me hunched over slightly, hand on her stomach, forehead covered in sweat and a blanket wrapped around her. Not a word was said as she turned around and tried limping over to the couch.

After taking a few moments to analyze the situation, I shut the door and helped Isabel over to the couch. Now at the couch, I helped Isabel take a seat, I could hear her grunts and groans in pain, and once she was finally seated, I helped her to lay down. I fixed the pillow that was behind her head, and I propped up her ankle that she'd been limping on. The way Isabel's face contoured in pain made my heart ache a little. I hated seeing people in pain and suffering even if they deserved it.

I sighed to myself. I walked off to grab a damp cloth. I'd been here enough times to know where things were. While in there, I looked myself in the mirror, wondering why I felt the urge to take care of the ailing woman? Why, I was so worried that I rushed over here after not hearing from Isabel. I couldn't put my finger on it. I knew for sure I didn't have romantic feelings for Isabel. At least, that is what I'd prefer to tell myself. I just liked Isabel as a friend, and I couldn't leave a friend to suffer like this. 

I walked back out with a bowl of water and the cloth. I pulled the blanket off of Isabel, "Tell me, where hurts, why, and are you hot or cold?" I could guess what was happening, but I'd rather be certain. I used the cloth to wipe the sweat off of Isabel's forehead. She was cold sweating. Thankfully, I brought warm water so it wouldn't bother her too much. 

"Hot and cold." She mumbled as she shifted and pushed my hand away, also ripping the blanket off of her body. She groaned and shut her eyes, clutching her stomach. As the pain became bearable for her, she spoke again, "Food poisoning, cramps and a twisted ankle." I cringed. This was a little much cramps where enough to deal with as is.