Office Apology 2.0

ISABEL'S POV.

"I'm so nervous," I chuckled, trying to calm myself down.

I really hope Meghan is right about Jayden and Kyle. She's usually always right about things like this, but it's different this time. Meghan doesn't know Jayden at all. Yes, they've met, but they haven't interacted long enough to analyze Jayden. But I had to trust Meghan. She knows how to read people like a book, just by the simplest of interactions.

I had my hopes up, and after my previous relationship with my ex, it was difficult to get involved with someone, especially when there were feelings involved. I could get heartbroken or worse. I was willing to take it slowly. I didn't need to rush into anything. Besides, I was just here to apologize. I needed to stop overthinking things.

I took a deep breath and grabbed the food I packed as well as the flowers I bought. I stepped out of my car that was in a visitors spot, "It's going to be fine." I nodded to myself and began walking to the doors.

The doors slid open, and I walked into the lobby, right up to the receptionist. She looked up and smiled, "Hello ma'am, how may I help you?"

I smiled back, "I here to see Jayden Murphy." She tilted her head and then looked down into her computer. Most likely, check through the visitors list.

I was doing fine until the negative thoughts began. There was no way Jay was going to forgive me, let alone be with me. How could I be so stupid to even think that for a second? And even if she did want me, would she ever have enough courage to tell her mom if we got serious?

I know it's hard, but even if we did happen to get together, how long would I have to be patient and understanding? Would she be in the closet forever? Would we have to keep our relationship a secret forever? Sneaking around like teenagers until we die. I don't think I can live like that. I want a relationship where I can let everyone know that I'm proud to be with that person, where we can let everyone know that we're in love and happy... that we're together.

"Miss, what's your name?" She waved her hand a little, then smiled. "There's nothing saying Miss Murphy has an appointment." She looked at me with a smile and then glanced at my flowers.

I shook my head and the nerves off, "Oh, um. Isabel Taylor. It's been a while since I should be on the visitors list." She checked through the list and shook her head.

"You were taken off the list, Miss. I can't let you in." She said, seeming sorry about it.

I sighed and put the food down, "Please just let me in. I brought her lunch. She's mad at me, and I want to apologize. Please." I glanced at the woman who glanced off to the side at another receptionist. The other shrugged, and the receptionist in front of me gave in.

"Just this once, miss, and please don't get me into trouble." I smiled and nodded quickly as she handed me a visitors pass.

"Thank you so much. I'll tell her, um, you ... I forced my way in." We both laughed a little, and I excused myself as I got went the elevator. As I walked off, I heard them whispering about how many visitors and flowers Miss Murphy was getting today. That should've been my first clue to just leave. I was just overly optimistic today. Ill give the praise to Meghan for hyping me up and giving me the push to come here.

The butterflies in my stomach started again as I went up. Then, when it dinged and opened, I gulped and walked out of the elevator. My palms were sweaty, and I felt like my heart was about to pound out of my chest.

Panic set through me, and no matter how I tried to calm myself, I couldn't. I jumped slightly when I heard a squeal. Annalise ran over to me and gave me a hug, and I hugged her back. "ISABEL!"