Glaring.

JAYDEN POV.

Usually at the end of a date, the person who has been asked out, picked up and had everything payed for by the other party is the is expected to at least give the person a good night kiss or a kiss to say thank you for the lovely night even if it was the worst night of your life.

It was eleven o'clock. Now if my mom was serious about waiting for us to get back at ten, Kyle is about to get the beating of his life. We had a great time on our date, it was just as fun as the other two date, no it was way better. He took me for pizza and ice cream.

Kyle had insisted on walking me to my door and I just had to let him, he gave me those puppy eyes, pushed out his bottom lip and tilted his head to the side, I just couldn't say no. Well, I could have I just didn't want to.

We quietly walked up my driveway. Kyle had his hands in his jeans pocket and mine were in my hoodie pocket. We walked at a slow pace and silence. The silence wasn't uncomfortable although you could hear the crickets in the background and our footsteps. There were fireflies as usual flying around and the bright flowers in my mothers garden made the place look beautiful and the floor light that gave minimum light since they were dimmed.

We finally made it to my door step, I turned around to face him, he had a slight smile on his face and I smiled back as I tilted my head up a little to look at him.

I was about to talk, until I noticed his focus was somewhere else. The window besides the door. "She's by the window holding a bat, isn't she?" he nodded as he stared at the window, well more like my crazy mother. I turned to the window with a blank expression. There the woman stood with a bat, tapping the bat against her watch. I knocked the glass using my hand to make a shoo motion, she returned a motion, rolled her eyes then left.

I covered my face from the slight embarrassment, apologizing, "Sorry about that." I muttered.

"It's fine," he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "She just scares me a little." he mumbled out making me laugh.

"She's half your size, why are you scared?" I asked in amusement.

Rubbing his shoulder, answering, "I don't know, she just looks like she would cut of my balls, grind them into oblivion, make a paste with it and then feed it to me." he shuddered at the thought covering his area as if he was trying to protect himself.

My head was thrown back as I laughed at his reason for being scared, "What do you think she is?" I asked when my laughter died down, "An ancient castrator?" He bowed his head to look at his shoes for a little as silence surrounded us.

Kyle was being absolutely ridiculous. I mean, yes my mother was crazy, but she wasn't some genital harvesting maniac from the 16th century. And even if she was I didn't know. She's doing a damn good job at hiding that from me. Maybe that's where I inherited my sneaky, secret keeping conniving skills from.

I wonder if she already knows about all the thing I'm keeping from her but she just doesn't say anything. What if she's waiting for me to tell her about where I go when I disappear for a few days, who I'm with... what if she knows that I'm bi and she's just waiting for me to admit it to her so she knows its true before she just throws me out for being an abomination. That would be insane.

"I had a nice time tonight." He finally looked up speaking.

"I had a great time too." I said "Thanks for taking me out again."

"It was my pleasure." he said, stepping closer to me. He was hesitant to put his arms around me and pull me closer so I took his arms and wrapped them around me then wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel his vanilla breath fanned my lips as we were standing so close to each other. His eyes looked into mine as he pulled my close with his muscular arms, the cologne on his clothes and skin was barely noticeable anymore.