A Little Handful 0.5

JAYDEN POV

I started staying at Emily's place the day after I found out about Isabel and Meghan's plan to get me back. It's been approximately been two week now since I'd been home or seen Isabel. My reasons for staying at Emily's were reducing my urge to go over to talk to Isabel and it was easier to study as well as get to classes from Emily's house. The first three days were the hardest, I missed seeing Isabel's face, going over to get food occasionally and the escape her home provided for me to escape from my mother.  As hard as it was, it was nice to have a change of scenery too and I would hope this break or whatever it was, would be for the best. Isabel and I clearly still had inner turmoil to figure out even though we'd been apart previously for about a year. I don't think we gave a thought to the possibility of us meeting again and having to interact with one another. Up until the point of me seeing her for the first time the day, when I was forced to welcome the neighbor to the neighborhood, I thought I was completely over her. My reaction that day proved otherwise however. 

See, Isabel was the first girl I was so invested in since the very first girl I fell in love with in high school. But that's a story for another day. Isabel was the first girl who managed to begin breaking down the wall I'd built to protect myself. She didn't even have to ask and I was falling all over her most time. It was nice to have someone take care of me and vice versa. Little did we know that our no strings attached relationship was forming a bridge to connect us slowly but surely. We fooled ourselves into thinking we could do relationship things without falling for each other. It was utterly absurd. I don't think my feelings for Isabel ever truly disappeared. I just shoved them under some rug in my heart.

My solution to get my feelings and grades under control was to distance myself from Isabel. I had to focus on myself for a while. That kiss Isabel shared with the woman was edged into my brain and I knew the kisses I shared with Kyle was edged into Isabel's brain too. I thought the break would be for the best. Hopefully both Isabel and I would come out after this break in a much better state physically and mentally, spiritually and all else. 

Emily's house was the best spot for me to do that. Her house was much bigger than my house. Her parents were always home late and they left home early so catching them would require staying up past ten or waking up at six or even before that. Emily and I refused wake up so early because we didn't have early classes thus we stayed up later so we could at least hang out with the parents. 

 Her parent were busy people but one thing was for certain, they would always set aside some time at some point to have some quality time with their 'kids'. I always felt welcomed at their house. They treated me like family always. Our family had been friends for as long as I could remember so I guess it came naturally. I hadn't been back home yet and my mother was grilling my ass about that. I explained to her that it was easier to get to classes like this and she called me on my bullshit excuse. I didn't admit it was a lie, I definitely couldn't tell her the real reason though. I still somewhat managed to convince her when I showed her how much my grades improved in the week I'd been here. 

My grades were getting better took a big jump in the last two weeks, it was like my grades had flatlined and now I finally got the defibrillator to start its heart back up again. I could definitely save my grades. Ashley was was my life saver and miss  Weston even gave me a little extra credit and material to me in my goal to resuscitate my grade and bring them to at least an A- according both Emily. Emily was my main accountability partner. She made me a spreadsheet and a schedule and dragged me to study with her when ever she could which was every day since we planned our schedules so we would be free around the same time. Between Ashley, Miss Weston and Emily, I couldn't catch a break. 

I was walking up the side walk to Emily's house currently, this was my scheduled break time according to Emily's schedule.. It was evening and I'd been studying for quite a while, so I decided to take nice long walk as a way to let my brain rest for my next study session instead of sitting on my ass gaming as a break. I heard a child scream and then a kid bolting past me. Without much thought I reacted. Just as the boy was about to run into the street, I managed to grab him and a car whooshed by right after. I sighed and a pair ran over to me.