Politics About War

Across the galaxy the war continues. The Glactic Senate decided to gather and have a discussion about the cost of the war. But Y/N, Anakin, and Ahsoka were standing outside of the meeting room since they didn't want to get involved. But as the meeting ended Padme had a look on her face and it wasn't a good one.

Padme: *sighs* Ani, you must ask the Jedi Council to speak with Chancellor Palpatine.

Anakin: Don't involve me in this.

Padme: A peaceful solution is the only way out of this morass of war.

Anakin: That's not my role, Padme.

Ahsoka: Why not? Why isn't it your role? Aren't we Jedi Knights? Isn't it our duty to speak our minds to advise the Chancellor?

Y/N: That's what I thought too.

Anakin: Uh, I suggest you teach my young Padawans a thing or two about politics.

Padme: After today's debate I was hoping they learned a great deal.

Ahsoka: Truthfully, I don't understand any of it. I know the Separatist are evil, but all anyone argues about was banking deregulation, interest rates, and, well, almost nothing about why we're fighting in the first place.

Padme: Y/N?

Y/N: Uh... I fell asleep. (Padme pinches his cheek) Ow!

Ahsoka: Well, war's complicated so let me simplify it. The Separatists believe the Republic is corrupt, but they're wrong, and we have to restore order.

Padme: Maybe talking to the Jedi Council isn't the role for you after all. Thanks for your help. Come on, you two.

Anakin: Hey.

Padme: You told me to teach them about politics. So I'm going to.

As they left Anakin behind. Y/N and Ahsoka followed Padme into her office. But the meeting was still bothering Padme.

Padme: *sighs* If only I could talk to Senator Bonteri.

Y/N: Who's he?

Padme: He is a she, a senator in the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

Ahsoka: Your friend is a Separatist? One of Dooku's pawns?

Padme: The Separatists used to be a part of the Republic. I was close with many of the senators who left. I may not agree with them, but they're more than pawns.

Ahsoka: If you think negotiating is the right thing to do, let's talk to her.

Padme: *sighs* The Senate's made it illegal.

Ahsoka: Illegal?

Padme: They say official meetings would only legitimize the Separatists.

Y/N: Huh, too bad Anakin, Ahsoka, and I use what we call aggressive negotiations all the time. Shame that you can't hold more peaceful talks when you want.

Padme: You just gave me an idea. You two are Jedis which gives you special clearance.

Y/N: Right.

Padme: And Jedi are allowed to travel to neutral worlds like Madalore, where we could then board a cargo ship to a Separatist System.

Ahsoka: Are you suggesting we use our status as a Jedi to smuggle you behind enemy lines?

Padme: It's just that you both could get us through to meet with her, and I haven't seen her or her family in so long.

Ahsoka: Relax, we'll help you.

Y/N: "We"? No, bad idea. Not happening. I'm telling Anakin about this.