30

Daddy, take. Fawzan run inside the living room with a white envelope. Fatima trail behind him.
Noor, did you give him a letter to give me? What is it that you can't tell me? Muhammad muttered immediately Fatima sat on the couch.
Fatima arched a confused brow at him.

Which letter? I didn't give him any letter. You are my husband. Why should I write a letter to you instead of talking to you directly? Fatima muttered.
Muhammad pivot his gaze to Fawzan whose attention is now on the TV.
Fawzan, who gave you the letter? Muhammad asks him.

Kayla's Daddy gave it to me. Fawzan muttered Not turning his gaze from the TV.
Fatima and Muhammad had a shocked expression on their faces.
Muhammad opened the white envelope and took out the paper.

Hello, Muhammad. I know you and your wife might be surprised to see my message.
I'm free from the prison. Congratulations on your wedding.
Now that you have married Fatima, I want you to divorce her because she is mine.
I want to take back what belongs to me. My Son and Your wife. Have a great day.

Mujahid ~

Muhammad read it aloud.
He glance at Fatima and then at the letter.
Zawj, I told you Mujahid is a psycho. Now you have seen it. Fatima muttered.
Muhammad was stunned. He glance at the paper once again before ripping it into pieces.

I'm not a psycho like him.
Don't fret. I will never divorce you for a monster like Mujahid. He doesn't deserve you. Muhammad muttered facing Fatima.
Fatima Humm wondering who could have bailed Mujahid out of prison.
But of course, his wife should.

Mummy, I'm hungry. Fawzan muttered rubbing his tummy.
Fatima stood up and headed to the kitchen.
Fawzan, you will be six years old soon.
You should learn to get food for yourself from the kitchen. Your Mom won't be doing that for you every day. Muhammad muttered.
Okay, Daddy. Fawzan muttered with a smile.

Fatima return to the living room with a plate of rice and bottle of water.
Thank you, Ma'am. Fawzan muttered.
Fatima chuckle and slightly smack him on his head.
Next time when you are hungry, you should go to the kitchen and take the food yourself. You are now a big boy. Fatima muttered.

Fawzan glanced at her parents and shook his head.

No, I don't want to eat. I want to go to Fawzan's house. Kayla smash the plate of food.
Kayla, go to the kitchen and get a broom. Sweep the rubbish you splash on the floor. Aliyah command.
No, I will not. Daddy, take me to Fawzan's house. I don't want to stay here with you and Mummy. I want to play with my friend. Kayla yell. Tears stream down her cheek.

Aliyah raised her hand to hit her but Mujahid stopped her.
Don't hit her. Mujahid muttered.
Kayla, I will take you to Fawzan's house. But until you eat. Mujahid whisper wiping off her tears.
Daddy, don't break your promise. Kayla muttered with cracked voice.
I promise. Mujahid smiled.

Aliyah, please give her another food. Mujahid muttered.
Aliyah glared at Mujahid then Kayla.
I will take her to the house. I know your intention is to see your ex-wife and Son. Aliyah mumble.
Aliyah, let me take her. She would love to go with me. Mujahid muttered with a mouthful of rice.

No, if you won't let me take her then she won't go. She can cry all night. I don't care. Aliyah muttered with a loud hiss.

**********

Fawzan, go and check who is knocking on the door. Fatima muttered.
Fawzan stood up and walked to the door.
He opened the door and his face broke into a smile.
Kayla, Fawzan muttered excitedly.
The kids hug each other.
Kayla follow Fawzan inside.