Part 21.

Venice Miller

Venice Miller

It's been a rough couple of weeks if I'm being honest. Rafe has just... he's been out all day and coming back home late, all high and drunk.

I don't even know what to do with that man. Like we have a baby coming and he's just partying and getting drunk.

I stare out at the beach, the hot wind against my skin. I stare out at the orange sky and it reminds me how good life was back just a year ago.

~~
Flashback

"Wow, okay, just drink up at-least a little." Her friend, Mariana spoke as they drank on her yacht. "No say you're trying to stay sober." She rolled her eyes.

I looked at her with a wide smile with wide eyes, shaking my head in disbelief. "Me and the guy I'm talking to made a bet. But alright." I roll my eyes before I take a good gulp of the beer.

Priyanka walked up to us with her boyfriend, Harry. "Hey girls, you partying without me?!" She shouted in excitement before she grabbed a drink.

I stood up and started dancing to my favorite song. Locked out of heaven by Bruno Mars.

"Cause you make me feel like!! I've been locked out of heaven!!! For too long!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

I got a call, I grabbed my phone in hopes of it being the guy. But nope, it was just my dad.

I didn't answer and just began singing again; beer in my hand as I'm just enjoying my teenage life.

That's until I get another call.

My mom is calling me.

I still don't answer.

They're so annoying. Both of them. They're always up my ass, especially my mom!

I walk away and pick up. "Where are you?"

"I'm out. I'll be home before dinner." I hung up.
~~

"Hey, you alright?" Sarah asked me. when did she even get here? I turn around and nod my head. "It's just your brother.." I shrug.

"No he's been home. He was just playing video games."

Oh.

"Can you drive me to your house?"

We drove to Sarah's house and got out of her car. I walk slowly to the door step and open it, just to see Rafe there with Wheezie helping her with her homework.

Rafe looks at me before looking back at Wheezie.

"Hey, Rafe, a word?" I ask as I walk towards him. Rafe looks at me and nods his head. We walk into his room, he locks the door and sits on his bed with his arms crossed. "What's wrong?" I ask. 

Rafe stared at me with a disbelieved expression, his jaw clenched. "You seriously are that oblivious?" He asked, his voice rasping. I am so confused...

Rafe abruptly stood up which made me flinch and walked up to me, cupping my cheeks as he stared down at me. "My Venice." He smiled, his jaw clenching even harder. "I would rather you sit on your ass at home then ask that man to even just stare at you! The fact that you asked him to drive you to the hospital is crazy, Venice." 

Oh... This is what he is on about. 

I chuckle, shaking my head. "I don't, Rafe, but ever since we've found out about my pregnancy you've been so distant. Tell me, Rafe." I walk up as close I can to him. "Do you even want this baby? You aren't forced to stay. After all, you are the man." I shrug. "And I won't ever beg any one, especially a man to stay in my life." I spit. 

His face had an angered look. He looked so irritated and annoyed, like he just wanted to leave. "It's just all too much for me." He replied in a low tone, barely even above a whisper. 

"What is, Rafe? Imagine how I feel! I am the pregnant one!" 

"I am the father." He replied. "I'm going through the same thing."

"No, you aren't. Not even half of what I'm going through." I spit, walking over to his bed and sit down. My legs were starting to hurt. "You don't experience the emotional roller coasters I'm going through, you don't see the physical changes on yourself the way that I do, and most certainly don't experience the hormonal changes. Don't ever compare a man to a pregnancy because it will never be the same." 

"Oh, yeah sure. Just cause you're a pregnant woman, everyone just has the forget about the man?" He laughed, pacing around his room with his one hand on his hip. "I as a man, a father soon, I have such high expectations from my father. Like getting a good enough job to provide yet still having to spend quality time and help with raising the kids, like are you serious? I'm not ready for these major responsibilities, Venice, I'm really not ready." He shook his head. 

"And what about me?" I stand up. "How do you think I feel? I'm expected to be with this damn child twenty-four-seven without even one break! Most men don't even help their wife with the kids!"

"They do because they're working-"

"Oh God, Rafe, these aren't the nineteen- fifties anymore!" I laugh at his stupid remarks. "I'm expected to raise the kid, nurture it, give it my all, yet I have to have my own job because then I'd be using you for your money and would just be "Too dependent" On you." 

"That is the dumbest thing I have heard, Venice." 

"Mhm." I roll my eyes. "Men nowadays are expecting bouquets of flowers." I laugh. "They want the princess treatment."

"I am a man, I certainly don't want bouquets of flowers." He stated before walking closer to me, cupping my face again. "I'm sorry for being distant. I just...I need to think everything through. This isn't about you or the pregnancy. It's just about me, how I'm going to provide for you and our baby while still spending equal time with you two, and keeping you satisfied. I'll always be here for you." 

I smile at him, wrapping my arms around his waist. "I don't know why you are stressing about providing for us." I laugh, he gives me a confused look. I press my lips against his before i pull away.

"You are a Cameron, your life is set for success."