Part 45

"Isn't this just beautiful!" I say as me and Rafe make our way to his friend's wedding

"Isn't this just beautiful!" I say as me and Rafe make our way to his friend's wedding. Me and Rafe walk into the beach hall and sit in our designated spot.

As the ceremony started, I see in the corner of my eyes Alicia. The girl that.. slept with Rafe in prison which automatically made this experience annoying.

Rafe looked at me in excitement, grabbing my hand. "It'll be us soon!" He smiled at me.

I nod my head. "Yeah it will be." I reply, pulling my hand back. I just watch the bride walk to the altar where her about to be husband was sobbing.

This is so adorable. I even feel myself tear up.

Rafe looked at me before hugging me, he wiped my tears away as he kissed my forehead. "Baby it's okay." He spoke gently with me.

~~

As the ceremony was over, I stood there at the bar and saw Josh sitting there sipping alcohol. I walk up to him and sit down. "Hi."

"Oh, Venice.. hey." Josh spoke

"How are you?" I ask, examining his face.

"Much better." Josh chuckled. He looked around and saw Rafe with Alicia. I sigh as I nod my head. "What's up with you?" He asked.

"I'm just, I need to apologize for what Rafe did. It was so unacceptable, and so wrong on so many levels."

"Yeah, it was. And I was about to die, this guy is so lucky I didn't. He would've rotted in prison." Josh spoke. "And he's lucky I like you and didn't press charges."

"He still served his time in jail." I say. "While I waited, he slept with someone else." I mumble.

I search for Rafe and see him with Alicia, I sigh and mentally curse her. "Slept with her."

Josh frowned, he stood up and side hugged me. "I'm sorry about that. Why are you with him if he did that?"

"He said she raped him." I shrug. "Why would he say that if it wasn't true.."

"Right." Josh nodded his head. "I guess you're right."

I stood up and walked up to Rafe. Rafe looked at me drunkly, wrapping his arm around my waist. I stare at Alicia and give her a very visible dirty look.

"Me and Rafe made plans, we're going out later tonight. Coming with?" Alicia asked me before looking up at Rafe with a flirtatious expression.

"He's not going anywhere with you." I spit. "Not after the shit you pulled don't think you're safe." I grab Rafe's arm and pull him.

"Venice stop! I'm going out with Alicia!! She's very fun!" Rafe slurred his words. "She can give me the pill again so we can have fun."

"You go, Rafe, and I won't hesitate to break up with you on the spot right here." I say.

I will not be doing this. Him willingly hanging out with her, drunk or not, he should know better, way fucking better than this.

"Venice she's just a friend!" Rafe poured. "Please let me hang with her! She gives me the fun you don't!"

"Literally what." I spit. I am sure my facial expression shows them both how mad and irritated I am at the moment. "Do what you want Rafe, you're an adult. I'm not gonna hold you back." I say.

Rafe looked at me and then at Alicia. "We should have a threesome?" He smiled.

What. The. Fuck.

"I'm down." Alicia spoke up, running her hand through his biceps.

I just stand there completely silent, I shake my head and walk away. I make my way outside and call an Uber. I get home and back all of my bags, crying.

My heart is beating so fast, I can't even breathe properly. I sit there on the floor with my clothes surrounding me, I sit there with my vision blurred.

I shouldve known he just wanted to cheat.

He really used rape as an excuse.

I write him a letter.

I love you Rafe, but I cannot hurt myself no longer and spare you your feelings. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Love,

Venice Miller.

I threw all of my clothes into my luggage and walk outside. I see Sarah and John B there with Rosie in a stroller. "I'm sorry.. I have to go. I have to leave." I say.

"What?" Sarah frowned.

~~

Sarah stared at Venice with confusion. She walked up to her and held her hands. "And where are you going? Venice, what happened?"

"Rafe, he is currently with Alicia, the girl he slept with in prison. He is full on drunk and I told him that it's not okay, and that I will not hesitate to leave him right now." Venice sobbed, wiping her tears. "I'm sorry- but he refused to come home with me!"

John be frowned, walking up to the girls and giving them a hug. "You did the right thing." He spoke.

"I don't know.." Venice spoke. "I just.. I need to go." Her voice shook softly as she looked at John helplessly.

Sarah sighed, looking at Venice with sorrow. She didn't understand. "Will I ever get to see you again?"

"I don't know, Sarah.. it's just, I love Rafe, but his actions affect me so bad. So fucking bad, he shot someone in front of me, had sex with the girl he's currently hanging with.. I just can't.."

"I understand. Let me know where you're headed when you go."

Venice nodded her head, hugging her childhood best friend. Closing every single chapter she had opened in this city, with her friends, lovers.

As they pulled away, Venice looked over at John and chuckled, pulling him into a hug. "I'll miss you too, and JJ, and Pope, Cleo, and maybe even Kiara." She rolled her eyes. "Don't forget about me?"

"How could I? You made JJ a bigger trouble maker." John B. Laughed.

Venice looked over at Rosie and kissed her forehead. "I will miss you, Rosie, grow safe and get everything you wanted."

As this chapter had closed...

another one had opened up.

This wasn't the end.