Part 26.

Venice couldn't bear looking at Rafe's heartbroken face

Venice couldn't bear looking at Rafe's heartbroken face. She let go of Rafe's body and walked down the long rusty stairs. Music blasted in her ears the closer she got to where prom took place. She saw Sarah arguing with John B, seeing how helpless Sarah looked.

Sarah looked over at Venice; her body moving towards Venice's as fast as she could. "Venice, you alright?" She cupped her cheeks.

"Are you?" Venice asked.

Rafe appeared behind Venice with a red puffy face with teary eyes. "What's wrong?" Sarah asked, sensing the vibe in the area made her more uneasy than her pregnancy was making her.

"I have to go, please forgive me, Sarah." Venice walked away, walking through the large French-styled oak doors.

Rafe wiped his tears, bringing his vision back to his younger sister. "She broke up with me, Sarah, she left me." Rafe broke down in his own sister's arms; never thinking he would ever become this vulnerable, especially around his sister.

Sarah sighed; rubbing her brother's back as they embraced each other in a hug. "It's okay, Rafe. She had her reasons." She was glad Rafe came to her for comfort now.

Venice changed him. For the better.

~~

Since Venice has been staying over at the Cameron's house, she decided to go back to her own house. She walked and walked until Rafe's truck caught up to her. "Venice, get in the car, I'll drop you off at our place."

Venice looked at him, her heart breaking more. Seeing him helpless and desperate to get her in the car without forcing her.

"No." She walked away. "I'm going to my house."

"Venice. You know you shouldn't be walking alone at this time." Rafe spoke.

Venice shook her head. "It's fine, Rafe." Walking on the streets, she tried ignoring Rafe.

Though he just couldn't. He stopped his truck and got out, walking towards her. He stood in front of her and cupped her cheeks; planting a soft but desperate kiss.

The breeze coming from the ocean cooled their warm bodies.

Venice wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him harder. Rafe moaned into her mouth. "Hey..." Rafe pulled away and looked down.

"Yes?" Venice stared at his face; admiring his features, taking in her ex-boyfriend's beauty.

"I love you," Rafe spoke. Venice saw the pain in his eyes, the desperation in his body. She saw the heartbreak.

But she just needed time.

"Rafe.."

"Yes?"

"Go." She softly spoke to him. "Go home."

"I'm not going without you." He shook his head.

"Rafe, go." Venice sighed; tears filling her almond eyes. "Please just go home, Rafe."

"Just one more night. Please, Venice, I promise I'll leave you alone after?" 

He just kept begging and begging.

"Alright. Just one more night." Venice agrees. They got into his truck and drove off to the Cameron's mansion. They walked into the house just to see Sarah arguing with John B again.

"What's wrong?" Venice asked her best friend.

Sarah shook her head; walking towards Venice "he doesn't want the baby." Sarah sighed.

Venice felt like she had to stand up for her best friend. She walked over to John B. And pushed him against a wall. "John, you think that being angry is going to get you both anywhere? Stop telling her what the fuck she should do with her damn baby. She's the one carrying it, and maybe if you didn't want to be in this situation then maybe you should've wrapped that damn small ass dick! Don't you think?" Venice spat, anger taking over. "You Pogues don't understand anything. You don't even know how to prevent a fucking baby." She laughed in his face.

"How am I going to afford the baby hm? You think I wouldn't want to raise a child with Sarah? She's the only one I would with! But I'm broke, I'm not rich like you guys! I cannot even afford myself a pair of new shoes, Venice! How am I going to provide for a damn child! Do you two not understand?"

"Then we're done." Sarah spat. Tears streaming down her face. "I'll be the baby's provider and mother, we won't need you." She lied. "If you're just going to talk yourself down and not do anything about the fact that you're broke, then how's my future going to look like with you anyways?" Sarah stated, wiping her tears.

John B laughed, he was frustrated with Sarah but he knew where his limit was and if this was it then it was time to say goodbye. "It's easy for you to say. You don't need to work-"

"Exactly. So if you won't work and try then I can only imagine how my future will look." Sarah spat.

"You're gonna go to Topper aren't you?"

"Fuck no!" Sarah yelled. "Jesus Christ, just go!"

Venice walked up to John B, leaning into his ear. "Better start saving or else you are not going to see your child as it is. I advise you to go to school, go to college and get your shit together. You don't have to be a Pogue for life. Fuck you're a man, just learn construction and you'll get paid well. I don't understand you Pogues, you complain but do nothing about it."

"Where we live there's no good pay."

"Then move." Venice spat before walking away with Rafe. "Don't stress a pregnant lady out."

~~

Venice lay in Rafe's bed with his arms wrapped around her waist. "I'm sorry I made you feel like you couldn't be with me while healing yourself, Venice." Rafe apologized. "I'm so sorry."

"It's alright, Rafe. You were a good boyfriend." Venice caressed his head, holding her tears back to stay strong for him. "You're an amazing boyfriend." She lied.

"I love you Venice."

"I love you too Rafe, just know this isn't the way to get over "

"I'm not getting over you."

Venice chuckled, wiping her tears. She sighed before kissing his forehead. "Okay then." She found it hard to believe when there were so many women around their age who were attractive, Rafe himself was attractive enough to attract any girl without wanting to attract any girl.

"I'm all yours." He admitted. "No one had me the way you have me."

Venice nodded her head. "I know, Rafe."