Part 22

Venice Miller

Venice Miller

"Goddamit, Rafe!" I walk towards the kitchen all frustrated because I couldn't find any of my Nutella jars. "Where did the Nutella go?!" I look over at him.

Rafe looked at me with such a confused face, he pointed with the knife at the shelves right beside him.

Yep. Of course they're there.

"Thanks." I walk over to his side and grab the jar. "What are we going to do today?" I ask.

"I don't know."

As I ate my Nutella and as Rafe was making us lunch. Sarah bursted through the doors and ran towards us. "Oh hi!" I smile at her, my smile fading once I see her expression. "What?"

Sarah started crying, she just completely broke down in front of us. "What's wrong?" I walk up to her and give her a side hug.

"Your mom... your parents."

"What's wrong with them?mare there any news?" I ask; my body starting to panic with hysteria. She nodded her head which send me off even more.

Rafe just stared though I knew by the way he was watching us he was listening. "They were both found dead."

"Both?" I ask.

"Mhm." She wiped her tears. "Sorry."

At that moment, I just... I couldn't think straight. I just couldn't focus on anything. I run towards the stairs and get into my room.

I heard Rafe knocking on the door gently. "Baby open the door." He spoke quietly.

I stand up and walk towards him, I open the door and wrap my arms around his waist. Rafe rubs my back as he comforts me. "I'm so sorry about that."

"Yeah me too."

Rafe lifts my head and wiped my tears with his thumb. "They're in a better place now Venice. I promise."

"Really?"

"Yes." Rafe nods his head. "Don't stress too much. Please."

I sigh, he is right I can't even stress so much because of my pregnancy. I just wish my parents were here to meet their grand child.

"All I can do is move on." I speak. Rafe nods his head, leaning down to kiss me. "Just focus on the current." I look down at my baby bump.

"We've got thirty weeks to go still." I say. "We could slowly start buying stuff." I speak; I try getting my mind off of the negative things as it just doesn't benefit me or my baby.

Rafe chuckled. He walked over to my bed and grabbed his computer, he held my hand as we walked through the halls and went downstairs. "Alright. I've been keeping a secret." He stated as we sat down on the very worn out couch.

"Yes?" I ask.

What could he possibly even keep from me?

Rafe looked at me with a smile. "So, I've been doing some digging and looking. And we won't sell this house just for clarification. But, I want to buy us our own family house because I just... I don't want you to live through these traumatic events ever again. And looking at this place would remind you of it, wouldn't it?"

He's right. It doesn't remind me of the previous situations we've been in, and reminds me of my father.

"You've been looking at houses?" I ask.

"Yes." He nodded his head. He handed me his computer and let me scroll through the suggestions.

"Oh wow." I mumble. I looked through this one. It's quite big but just enough for a family of three with just like three extra rooms. It's a beach house but with a lot of tree's surrounding, lots of space in the backyard with a pool and a jacuzzi. "Wow." I see the patio that had a swing attached with flowers surrounding the place. "I like this one a lot. It gives me a sense of warmth."

"Let's buy it." Rafe said. He was only just waiting for my approval.

"Okay." I nod my head. I wrap my arms around him.

~~

We just watched movies all day til there was a knock on the door. I walked over to the door and opened it just to see JJ.

He looked so beat up. "What are you doing here? What happened?" I question his state.

His shirt was ripped and his face was all bruised up as well as his knuckles. "I still defend you even after Rafe's stupid friends spread disgusting lies about you." He spat. "And I get nothing in return."

"JJ..." I walk up closer to him. "I'm sorry about that."

"You go and live your happy Kook life with that dick!" He pushes me away which makes me stumble. "I can't believe you ever would go for such an asshole like him. Do you even realize who you're with?"

I nod my head. "I'm with the father of my child. Who are you?" I ask, my hormones fucking with me any chance they get. I get mad super easy. "Who are you to come to my property and talk to me like this JJ?! I appreciate you defending me, but no one is literally telling you to do so, so what should you really get in return?" I ask. "Regardless, let's not forget why you left me. Cause at the end of the day, you left me for her. Do not switch it up." I spit.

JJ laughed; shaking his head in disbelief. "So you really don't know who you're going to spend your life with?" He smirked. "He's been chasing money with his dad. He killed so many people, Venice. So damn many people."

I roll my eyes. "I don't care, JJ. Leave. My. Property."

"You're acting like a real kook now, shame on you, Venice." He shook his head at me as he walked up closer. He put his hands on my hips and just stared at me. "I love you so much Venice."

I laugh right at his face. "You didn't seem to love me when you broke up with me." I shrug. "Get away from here, JJ. You look like you've had enough. I don't want any other harm on you no more. Go" I say to him. "Go."

"Venice... he's dangerous for you. Please, listen, he killed so many people."

"I am listening JJ, and now listen to me. Go. We clearly both know how he can be. Go." I push him away. "It's for your safety."

"Alright." JJ nodded his head. He walked away, not even looking back once.

I get back into the house and shut the door. I notice Rafe sitting on the dining chairs with an angry expression. "Hi." I smile.

"Why the hell were you talking to him?" He questioned me; his jaw clicking.

"I-"

"Tell me Venice, what the fuck was he doing here?" Rafe stands up and stands right in front of me. "And why were you warning him from me? You know if I wanted to beat his ass I'd go all the way to his trash bin."

"Okay, sorry." I put my hand on his chest and push him slightly away. "I just.. I didn't want any conflict."

"He comes here again, Venice, and it'll be the last thing he sees."

I sigh. I walk to the living room and sit on the couch; turning on the tv I put on my comfort movie, Madagascar. It's always been my comfort movie since I was a little girl.

"I'm going out for a little. Want to come?" He asks as he sits on the couch. I look at him and shake my head. "Alright. I'll be back soon."

Who's he gonna kill now?