Part 13

Venice Miller

Venice Miller

It's been weeks since I visited the Pogues. They just told me not to be in JJ's eyesight anymore, that I'm hurting him. So.. I'm either alone or with Rafe.

It's two-thirty in the after noon. I slowly walk downstairs as I hear Rafe and my dad talking. I sit above the last couple of steps on these stairs and just listen.

"Rafe what are you talking about?" My dad questions him.

"The problem is i don't want the money anymore. I love her, I actually-"

"No. You knew the deal, you weren't supposed to take her virginity!" He shouts and by the sound of his steps he's pacing around. "You knew I needed her to stay as pure as possible and now you tell me you had sex with her? More than once! Knowing she's going to get married soon."

What's even going on. I'm so lost.

"I paid you to be in a relationship with her, but not for you to fall In love."

"Well I fell for her. Those times I protected her was just for money, but now.. I don't care about the money."

"You told me yourself that, that relationship is just all business."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Rafe was with me just for money this entire time? None of this was real?

I feel so betrayed. I wipe my tears and walk towards the door. "Hey baby" Rafe smiles at me. I just walk out the door. "Baby?" He follows me, he grabs my hand. I push him away. "What's wrong-"

"Don't." I spit. I pull my hand away and just cry, I can't stop. "This entire relationship was just a fucking joke to you? All of this for fucking money?!" I shout at him. "All of this, the sex! You used me!" I sob. The tears just continue getting thicker and bigger everytime I speak. "You lied to me! My own father lied to me! My mom probably lied to me. Who else knew?" I ask.

"No one.." I stare at how his face looks and he honestly looks tired and sad. "We are done Rafe." I whisper. I start walking away but he tries grabbing my hands but I keep pushing him away. "Rafe stop! I don't want you anymore." I sniffle.

"Venice stop." He pulls me into a tight hug. A hug that feels distant already. "I actually love you. Money aside, I love you." He cups my face. "Please Venice.. believe me on this one."

"I cannot trust you anymore Rafe." I walk away.

"Please!"

I ignore him and just make my way to where ever my feet guide me. I sit down at the Pogues harbour and just sob, I can't hold it in anymore.
I feel so betrayed by my own father that he would put my emotions aside just to earn money. And Rafe? He just completely shocked me.

"Hey

"Hey..?" I hear JJ say softly. I quickly wipe my tears and look up at him. "Hey, hey, hey what's wrong?" He immediately sits beside me and hugs me. "What's wrong?" He repeats. "Why are you so sad today hm?"

I wrap my arms around him and just completely cry and let my loud obnoxious sobs out. "Let it out.." he rubs my back. I just cling onto him even harder.

"It was all lies." I whisper. "Everything was a lie. My relationship with Rafe." I sigh. I pull myself away from JJ and just stare blankly at the lake.

"I'm so sorry about that Venice."

"It's okay. It happens to the best of us." I fake a smile. "I- I know you warned me.. and I didn't believe you. You were right." I sigh.

"Nah it's okay. You're in love." He shrugs. "And yeah it does happen to the best of us." He chuckles.

I look at JJ and smile. Though I know how things are between us two, I cannot say that I'm not thankful for him. "Thank you JJ." I lay my head on his shoulder and just close my eyes.

"For what?"

"For being here for me." I look into his eyes and smile. JJ stares back, he doesn't smile he just looks tempted. "Mhm" he hums.

He lightly placed his hand under my jaw and just stares into my eyes. "You're so.."

"I'm what?" I ask.

"So beautiful. How can someone ever hurt you?" He questions it. "How." He shifts his hand into my hair and just completely massages my hair. "I'm so sorry you're hurt baby."

"It's okay." I whisper. I close my eyes and enjoy the hair massage. "It happens."

"Love hurts."

"It does."

"Hurts so damn bad." JJ mumbles.

I feel his lips against mine. He moves his hand from my hair to my neck and wraps his hand gently around it. "I'm sorry I hurt you before Venice. I'm the reason you left." He leans his forehead against mine. "I didn't realize what i had before I lost it."

I sigh. "I was in love with you, JJ."

"And now I'm the one suffering." He mumbles.

"Now we are both suffering." I correct him. "I'm sorry I didn't give you another chance."

"And why should you? I hurt you."

"It's okay now."

~~

As those two talked everything out, John B and Pope stared at the two ex couples from afar. "They are endgame man." John B says. "Like look at them."

"You're right man, like they're so in love still. Venice is probably in denial."

"Man she loves Rafe." Kiara blurts out which scared both Pope and John as it was previously just them two stalking the ex couple. "Jesus!" John mumbles. "She does love Rafe but somewhere deep she still loves JJ. Why else would she always be running back here anyways."

"Good point." Kiara shrugs.

~~

Rafe walked into his house and saw Sarah standing there with a confused look on her face. "What's wrong with you?"

"Venice broke up with me." He walks straight upstairs and into his room, he shuts his door and lays in bed.

Sarah runs up the stairs and goes into his room. "Why?" She leans against the door frame and crosses her arms. "She doesn't leave just because she feels like it, there must be a very valid reason."

"I lied to her. I dated her for money, he dad paid me. But I fell for her and now I'm actually stupidly in love with her."

"Awww my brothers in love" Sarah laughs. "But you shouldn't of done that. You better really try your best to win her back into your life, Rafe." Sarah shrugs. "I Can help you, as I still know her better than you do."

"You would?"

"Of course. I want her to be my sister in law." Sarah walks out of his room.