Part 16.

Venice Miller

Venice Miller

I wake up in a familiar bed. A bed I know too well. "What the hell..." I immediately get off of the bed, then I see Rafe walk into his room with a breakfast tray. "Go lay down Ven." I nod my head and lay back down. "Last night was a big thing for you. This is the least I can do for you."

I smile politely at him. He gently places the tray down and I sit up, I look at him before digging in. "This is good, Rafe." I cannot lie and say I wasn't starving, because I sure was and I'm positive it shown.

I cannot forget what happened and how both JJ and Rafe acted towards me, they meant well but acted like I was an object they could win. And I don't like it.

Rafe was scary last night; I saw a side of him I never saw before. I'm afraid this behavior will come more and more when we come to a disagreement.

In ten minutes, everything on this tray was wiped clean. "Thank you. I should head back home though."

Rafe nods his head; he puts on his shoes and takes the tray off of me and places it on his drawers. I sit up and I feel quite lightheaded, my hand goes to my temple as I try to focus on not being lightheaded. "You alright?" Rafe asked me as he went down on his knees. I looked at him and nodded my head. "Just a little lightheaded."

Rafe nods his head. "May be from the impact of me jumping to save you from the truck."

Makes sense.

"Alright let's get you in the car." He stands up and helps me stand. "You alright or need me to carry you?"

"I'm fine." I mumble. I walk slowly towards the door and see Sarah with John B. "Hey? How are you feeling?" Sarah asks me as I stand there. "I'm okay." I lightly smile.

I look at John B and my eyesight becomes blurry. "John-" I grab his arm before I collapse.

Everything becomes black all I hear is faint voices panicking before that fades too.

~~

Rafe Cameron

She fainted. This is definitely something else. John picks her body up and tries walking towards the door, but I stop him. "Rafe this isn't a time to fight! Get her to the hospital!" Sarah panics.

"I'm going to take her." I reply. I take her from Johns arms and walk towards my truck. Her body was stiff. "Venice stay here with me, okay?" I say softly.

~~

I rush her into the emergency door and walk towards the front desk. "My girlfriend fainted." I say calmly to not gain any audience. The nurse came with a wheelchair and had put Venice on it. "What exactly happened?" She asked as she rushed her through the hallway. "I don't know, she just fainted." The nurse nodded. "Have you guys been sexually active?" I nod my head. "We will run some tests. We will let you know shortly." She takes her to a room. 

I hope it is nothing. I hope it's just from the shock and stress, and no injury or concussion.  I pace around the halls for an hour straight and then the doctor, and the previous nurse walk out. "So?" I quickly walk up to them. The doctor clears her throat. "She has only a minor concussion, plus there is one more thing." 

I furrow my brows. "Well?" I cross my arms. "She is about three weeks pregnant. I have no idea what has been going on, but we ran up some tests and found out her pregnancy is very high risk of miscarriage due to the stress she's been in." The doctor stated. "And she is awake, she knows everything." She walks away leaving me there in a state of shock. 

I'm going to be a father. Or is JJ going to be the father? 

I walk towards the room Venice is in and knock on the door. "Hey...." I walk in and sit down on the chair given to me by the nurse. I sit right beside Venice's bed. "You alright?" 

Venice nods her head. "I am." She looks at me with fear. "Rafe." 

I shake my head. "I already know." I gulp. "You're pregnant." 

Venice starts hysterically crying. "How can I be pregnant!" I stand up and grab her face gently, i wipe her tears. "Please do not stress. It isn't good for the baby." I point out. Venice nods her head; she takes deep breaths to calm down. "I just don't get it, Rafe, we used protection every time." 

"What matters is that you are okay." I smile at her. "Please don't beat yourself up over this." 

The nurse came in and checked up on her. "By the way, we are going to need to do weekly checks on the pregnancy since you are at high risk." 

"What if I don't want to keep it?" Venice asks. "Is that so?" The nurse asks. "We can make some arrangements than." 

I look at Venice, mentally asking her if that's what she wants. "Could you please give us a sec." The nurse nods her head. "Venice, you sure?"

"We are too young, Rafe." 

"We have the money to raise it..." 

Venice sits up with furrowed brows. "And what makes you want to keep this baby? Hopefully you aren't just like my father- Ow!" She grits her teeth in pain. "You alright?" I ask. There is nothing I can do to help her with the pain.  

"Venice, I'm going to need you to stay calm." The nurse runs in and checks everything. "You are alright. Is he the father of the baby?" Venice nods her head, pinching her nose bridge. 

~~

Venice Miller

I can't describe what I am feeling. This is all like a fever dream, it just all seems so fake and pathetic.  "Can you all just leave?" I ask. The nurse and Rafe look at me and nod their heads. I just need some alone time. "Rafe... I'll text you if I need anything." Rafe nods his head. He leans down and kisses my forehead before leaving. 

Oh, how I wish my mother was here to comfort me and give me real advice. I just need time alone and think everything thoroughly. Whether I want to keep the baby or get an abortion.

Because I don't know.