Part 24

Venice Miller

Venice Miller

It was only getting worse. My child passed, and my mother disappeared.

It's just all too much.

And Rafe, he's just... doing his own thing. He barely acknowledges me, like we hang out but it's just different. He's cold.

Today is prom. I invited Rafe way long ago, and we both agreed on matching. I am wearing a forest green long backless dress and Rafe is going to wear a black tuxedo with a green tie.

"Wow, Venice, you still got it," Sarah said; applying her lip gloss to her plump lips. "Still hot." She added.

"I look dead." I chuckle. "But thanks."

Sarah huffed, she turned her body around towards me and grabbed my arms. "I know this is an extremely tough time. But... you just gotta remember, you still have someone to live for."

I sigh. "Who?" I ask her. My mother disappeared, my baby passed, and Rafe ignored me." who could be out there."

"Yourself." Sarah smiled; her pink cheeks were the main focus. "You lost yourself, your confidence, your self-esteem, but I'm sure you will find it all in no time. And you have to live for yourself."

"I suppose." I shrug as I put on red lipstick. "Do you know who's all going?" I ask as I put my hair up in a low bun.

"Kiara and JJ are going together. Pope is going with his new girlfriend, Cleo, she's from the Bahamas. And well of course me and John B."

"And what are they even going to wear?"

"I helped out with John's tux. He better wear it." Sarah laughed; sliding on her expensive heels that I once could afford. Now I can't even afford groceries. "He went for a haircut as well, so he should look quite fresh."

"That's good. He's a handsome guy." I shrug. I put on an old pair of my stiletto red bottoms and stare at myself through the body mirror.

Rafe opened the door to Sarah's room and stared at me. I could see a smirk forming; his hair was gelled back. "Well if it isn't my beautiful."

"Rafe get out." Sarah groaned, standing up and walking over to the door; pushing it closed though Rafe's strength was unbeatable. "Rafe go!" She yelled. "She isn't ready!"

"I am.." I chuckle.

I walk out and watch John B. walk towards Sarah's door. "Wow, John, looking good!" I say as I smile at him.

"Thank you! You too!" He smiled back and walked into Sarah's room in his navy blue tuxedo.

I walk into Rafe's room and sit down on his bed. "You almost done?" I ask. Rafe turned around and smirked at me; his tuxedo making him look extra good. It suited his figure very well.

"I am done, baby." He sprayed his Dior Sauvage cologne. "You want to head now?"

I shrug. "If you want," I reply. I stand up and walk towards the door, I walk down the stairs and meet up with JJ, Kiara Pope and his date Cleo. They're all dressed well.