Chapter 13

Harumi started to scream, and fell to the ground. Lloyd and Zane gasped, and ran to her aid, Pixal was already trying to help her. She was bleeding, but how? Nothing had hit her. Lloyd's heart was beating faster than normal. He couldn't lose her again."Get more help!"He ordered. Zane went to call for help, while Pixal tried her best to stop the bleeding. Lloyd put Harumi on his lap, and rocked her, and told her that everything would be alright. He couldn't lose her. Not again. Help had arrived 10 minutes later after Zane called. The ninjas quickly and safely got her back to the monastery. They laid her down on Lloyd's bed, Lloyd grabbed a chair, and was there for her. He never left her. 

Lloyd squeezed her hand. It had been only a a few days since this happened, but it felt like months. How did this happen though? He needed to know. So he could make them pay. He needed to make whoever did this pay. He shook his head. Don't make some stupid choice, like going to that house without a stupid plan. He thought bitterly. He needed to calm, and not be careless. He needed to control himself. 

But why should he let whoever did this, run free?! And who would....."Garmadon."He muttered. He didn't dare call him his 'father'. He did not deserve that name. Lloyd closed his eyes, he felt the angry tears roll down his face. He had killed her before, and Lloyd knew he could do it again. He was the reason for his pain. Long ago, he thought fate had caused him pain...But it was Garmadon all along. 

He had made him have no parents, he had made him release the snakes, just because he wanted to be like that monster. He had made Lloyd into a monster. His free hand scratched the chair. He knew his father wanted revenge. That's what kept him alive. Revenge, fear, and pain. He hated that. Although he would not admit it, he didn't completely hate his father. Yet. 

"HE WHAT?!"Screamed the ninjas. Pixal and Zane nodded."I can't believe him!"Exclaimed Nya."I am going to give him a piece-"Nya. He is with Harumi. I think you should yell at him tomorrow."Said Pixal."Why wait?! He's our brother, and he should know better than to jump out of buildings!"Exclaimed Kai."I am just glad that you and Pix caught him."Said Cole, trying to focus on the positive."Um...We didn't save him."Said Pixal, uneasy."What? Then who did?"Asked Jay."Harumi."They both replied at the same time.

Harumi felt her eyes flutter open."What?"She groaned. She lifted her head up, and looked around. She was back home. But how? She then saw Lloyd sleeping on a chair. She smiled gently. She started to sit up, but then moaned after the pain had hit her. Lloyd began to open his eyes, and shot up from the chair."Oh my god. Thank the FSM you are okay!"He exclaimed happily. He quickly wrapped her in a gentle, but tight hug. Harumi gladly returned it. Lloyd broke the hug, and touched her shoulders.

"What happened?"He asked gently."I don't know. Lloyd...I think you and I both know who is behind this."She stated."We don't know that."He said. Harumi looked at him."I know it's hard. And I also know that I can never understand what this is like for you. But you have to face it. Your father is behind this."She said. Lloyd closed his eyes."My dad is really dead."He whispered. Lloyd stood up, and looked out the window. Harumi watched Lloyd put his hand on his chest. He whispered something she couldn't make out.

"I promised my dad that I would protect everyone. No matter how cruel and evil they were."Said Lloyd."But how can I protect someone if the person will do anything to destroy them?"He asked. Harumi knew he was talking about her, anyone could."Lloyd, you don't need to protect me. I have proven that I need no one's protection."She stated."I know you don't. But I can't lose you again."He whispered faintly. 

Harumi gasped. Harumi got up, even though it pained her to do so. Lloyd stared out into the moonlight. Harumi gently grabbed his hand."Every step of the way, I will be on your side. I promise. And you should all people know that I like to keep my promises."She said."You won't lose me again, Lloyd. And even if you do, I will try and find a way back to you. That isn't a promise, it's a vow."She said. Lloyd let go of her grip, and then put his arm around her, Harumi rested her head on his shoulder. And they stared at the moonlight, not speaking.

Nya closed the door, and let out a sigh."Did you make your decision, water ninja?"Asked a voice. Nya looked around in fear. She knew that voice too well. Garmadon came out of the shadows."Give me a little more time."She said."Why of the change of heart?"He asked."She saved Lloyd's life. But I am not sold."She answered. Garmadon stared into her eyes. His patience was starting to get thin with her already. Garmadon walked towards her, until they were inches away."You have 36 hours to make your choice, girl. And if you don't, your family will pay the price. Starting with the blue and red ninja."He said."I understand. Now get away from me!"She yelled. Garmadon did as he was told, for once."I will be watching you, water ninja. Remember that always."He said. And with that, he disappeared into the shadows. Boy, she hated that guy.