Chapter 40

Harumi screamed as she began to fall. Luckily for her, she had grabbed onto the edge. She then heard a scream. It sounded a lot like Lloyd's. He wasn't crazy enough to jump after her, was he? No, of course not. Even Lloyd isn't that stupid! But sure enough, Lloyd went falling off, he could have died if she didn't catch his hand."How many more times do I have to save you from falling off a building?"She questioned."I don't appreciate your sense of humor. I will once we are on the ground, though!"He exclaimed."Why did you come after me?"She asked him."I don't know! Ninja things! Or maybe....Because I like you! Haven't we already established that?!"He asked.

"Just hang on."She whispered. She tried to lift herself up, but no luck."I am not strong enough!"She cried out."Yes, you are! You just have to believe in yourself Harumi!"He told her."Believe in myself, is this some sort of fairytale?!"She demanded."I am trying to help you, so listen to me!"He ordered. Harumi tried again."I can't! Okay?! I can't save us both!"She cried out."Then I guess we both know what you must do."He whispered."And what's that?!"She asked in an annoyed tone."Let go of me."He answered.

"What?! Are you crazy?!"She demanded."Guess it must be my demon side talking."He muttered. He was still a little sour about their fight. They both were."You really want to fight when we are about to die?!"She demanded."Fine. It's not my demon side talking, it's my heart. You can't die, Harumi. The world needs you now!"He said."And the world needs you too, Lloyd! I am not letting go!"She exclaimed."Then believe, Harumi! Pull us up so we can help Nya! Save us both."Lloyd told her."How do you know if I won't kill us both?"She asked him."You won't. And even if you do, I won't care. As long as you are with me."He told her."I don't think you would like that. Spending eternity with me."She said sadly.

"Okay. You need to stop this! Thinking bad about yourself, blaming yourself, and hey, I do that too. And thinking that you are not good enough for me!"He exclaimed."I don't deserve you though!"She cried out."I don't deserve you either! And I don't think anyone deserves anyone! We make mistakes Harumi! We just have to focus on the future. And when I look in my future, I see you! I believe in you, Harumi! But in order to save us both, you have to believe you can save us both!"Lloyd cried out. Harumi looked at him, then the ground, and then up. She then closed her eyes.

She then swung Lloyd over into the window. She then climbed inside."Oh my god, Lloyd."She whispered as she saw him. He groaned."I did not think that through."He whispered. She chuckled."Normally you don't."She said, coming towards him to help him up. She then put his arm over her shoulder."You okay?"She asked him."Well, I did get thrown over into a window. But it was either that or falling to my death.......So...I am going to go with no and yes."He answered forcing a smile."Good enough for me."She said.

"Nya!"Lloyd exclaimed."Lloyd! Harumi!"She cried out. She then ran towards them and hugged them softly."How are you guys alive?!"She asked."We wouldn't be if it wasn't for Harumi. Where's Garmadon?"Asked Lloyd."Got away. But don't worry. We will catch him next time."Nya said, putting her hand on his shoulder, giving him a soft smile. That's what they always say. And it's true. Maybe I should have finished the job.....No, I am not a monster ....Am I? Lloyd wondered. Harumi and Nya then helped him back in bed, and began to clean some of his cuts he had gotten from the window.

"I hate you, Harumi."Lloyd muttered. Because of the little window thing, Lloyd had to stay even longer, it was only a week, but still. He was tired of the boring old bed in his boring old room. It was far too dull and a bit gloomy in there. He missed waking up to Kai and Jay yelling and screaming at each other over stupid stuff that only toddlers would fight about."Hey Lloyd!"Greeted Skylor."Hey Sky."Lloyd muttered."What's wrong?"She asked him."Everything. Because I almost died, I needed to stay here more than I had to!"Lloyd exclaimed."I don't even see why though! That was like what? TWO WEEKS AGO! I don't need anymore checkups! I am fine!"Lloyd exclaimed."Like you were fine after your father died? Like you were fine after Harumi's betrayal? Like you were fine after Garmadon came back? Like you were fine when Har-"OKAY! I get it! I am messed up."Lloyd cried out."But I mean physically! I am fine!"He yelled."Well, you can't do much about it."Skylor said. Lloyd crossed his arms."How have you been lately. Harumi mention that you have been sick for awhile."He said."Well, it a sort of a good kind of cold."She explained, leaving Lloyd puzzled.

"Anyway, the doctors have set a date to release you."She said."And when's that?"He asked."3 weeks!"She exclaimed."YES!"Lloyd screamed. Skylor chuckled."But it would have been two weeks if-"Harumi!"He cried out."It's not all her fault. She did save you."She pointed out."I know. But.....I just want to get out of here!"Lloyd whined."You will get out of here soon enough."Skylor said. Lloyd rolled his eyes. If he had a penny for every time people said something like that, he would be rich living on a yacht.

"So, did you just visit me to tell me what people tell me everyday....Or was there another reason?"He asked her."Are you ad Harumi dating? Or are you friends? Or do you hate each other?"She asked."Why do you want to know? It's our personal stuff."Lloyd said crossing his arms."....Have you met me?"She asked."Good enough. Why would we hate each other other than all the other reasons?"Lloyd asked."Harumi doesn't like talking about you. She is acting very weird. This could go two ways. One, you are dating and she is afraid that someone will find out. Two, you guys are fighting and hating each other."Skylor explained."We did fight. I don't know why she was acting like she was. Something was clearly up."He explained."She was just acting crazy!"He exclaimed. Skylor shrugged."I wouldn't think too much of it, Lloyd. Harumi is always crazy."Skylor said."Maybe....."He said. But if that was true, why did he have a feeling there was something terribly wrong with not only her, but in the future? 

Nya looked in the mirror. She then took a deep breath."Long time no see, water ninja."Said a voice."Garmadon."She muttered bitterly as she clenched her fists."What are you doing here?! I already saw your ugly face two weeks ago. Must I see yours again?!"She demanded. Garmadon ignored her comment."Now, what do you want now?!"She yelled. Then, out of the corners, the sons of Garmadon started to come out."Oh, I just need your help."He said. One of the sons of Garmadon covered her mouth with a gag, and soon she fell asleep......"Night, night. Water ninja."Garmadon whispered.