Chapter 15 - Bottle

It was currently 8:45 pm. I got ready and headed off to Teardrop's party. Tonight, the drive was tedious, as the road was crowded with other drunk graduates. While I drove to Teardrop's house, I saw at least five accidents and one car on fire. Things were not pretty, to say the least. My eyes felt heavy as I slowly drove to the destination. I knew sleeping for four hours wasn't a good idea for a special day like this. Even throughout graduation, I was more tired than one of Pen's teachers when they tried to explain something to him. Despite this, I still concentrated deeply on the road. The time seemed to go by super slowly. Seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours. I wondered if the party would make up for my overall drowsiness.

I arrived at the party and was instantly met with flashing lights coming from the upstairs window of the house. The house was enormous, with two stories, and seemed to be the size of a warehouse. I slowly walked up to the front porch and rang the doorbell, my hand shaking from the extreme cold outside. I checked the temperature and it was 45 degrees Fahrenheit! "Dammit Bottle! I knew you should've worn a sweatshirt!" I thought to myself. It wasn't long before someone opened the door. I looked inside and it was Teardrop. Her bright blue eyes glistened in the moonlight and her dress complimented her foundation. She motioned to me, "Welcome! Come inside fast! It's cold out." I hurriedly rushed inside the house, apologizing for wearing shoes inside the house. She shrugged it off and told me to just have fun, as she didn't care what happened to the house.

Right when I walk through the entryway, I see multiple people in the kitchen. There was a 24-pack of beers, at least a dozen wine bottles, and a jug of hard liquor on the counter. I grimaced at the sight, as I rarely drank, unless it was a special occasion or because of peer pressure. I navigated my way throughout the house until I met Pillow in an upstairs room playing video games with Gaty and Pin.

"Hey guys! Can I join?" I politely asked.

"Is that a question? Of course!" Pin happily responded, handing me a controller.

I hopped on the game and played a couple of rounds with them before taking a break to find my other friends. I walked downstairs to see even more wasted people and a bunch of foreign substances on the ground. I looked at it and it smelled like death. I could only conclude that someone retched on the ground. Disgusted, I continued throughout the house and eventually found Pen and Tree playing spin the bottle with a drunk Remote and a drunk Liy. There were at least twenty people in the circle, making the rounds extremely chaotic.

"Ohh heyy Bottle!" Liy waved at me with a drunken expression.

I fake smiled and waved back at her. I didn't want to seem like a "wuss", so I decided to join in on the fun. After many bottle spins and lots of wet kissing scenes, it was my turn to spin the bottle. I grudgingly walked to the center and picked up the bottle. I proceeded to spin the glass bottle. It spun for about 30 seconds, before pointing northeast to where I was standing. I looked at the edge of the bottle and saw... Coiny? I thought he had a girlfriend, didn't he? I sighed and walked up to him. Coiny was only a little drunk, so his kiss didn't feel too bad. I sighed and went back into the circle. I continued to play for the next half hour.

It was 10:30 pm. Teardrop told her best friend, Eggy, to call everyone to the main room. Eggy hooked up a speaker and yelled into it, telling everyone to gather in the main room for a drinking contest.

Once everyone was here, Teardrop used text-to-speech to tell us the rules.

"Okay, we will be doing a drinking contest. Whoever drinks the most in fifteen minutes, gets 100 dollars from me. The challenge will start at 10:45 and end at 11:00. Good luck to you all."

By now, most were sober, with only a few being drunk. One of those people is Pen. We all hyped each other up about the contest and many placed bets on who would win. Everyone wanted that hundred, so no one would hold back in this challenge. I knew I stood no chance since I was extremely weak when it came to alcohol. I sat down on Teardrop's couch next to Pie. We engaged in some chatter until the challenge started.