Chapter 28 - Liy (PART 1 OF 2)

I woke up the next morning in my apartment with one mission on my mind. Take revenge. I got up extra early since I wanted to prepare myself for what I might have to face. I told all my friends to meet me at the graveyard at approximately 12:30 that day. In the meantime, I decided to eat breakfast and train myself mentally for what would come about today.

The morning was rather dull. I sat on my phone the entire morning and scrolled through social media. I noticed that more and more people were going missing this past week. Heck, even Snowball went missing. Although he had been missing for quite some time, the disappearances made me even more determined to take this thing down once and for all.

Remote invited me over to her house that noon. I went over to her house at around 11 and waited outside. Remote's mom let me in and greeted me with a smile.

"Hi, Liy!" Remote's mom smiled.

"Hello!" I waved, deadpan.

"Would you like something to eat? I'm preparing breakfast now," Remote's mom offered.

"No thanks, I'm okay. I already ate," I laughed.

"Oh, okay. Remote's in her room. First door on the right after you go up the stairs."

"Okay, thanks Mrs. Acidof!"

I strutted up the steps and met Remote in her room. We hugged each other for some time and kissed each other on the cheek.

"Liy! Why did you ask to hang out?" Remote eagerly asked.

"No reason. I just wanted to spend some time with the best person in the world," I snidely remarked.

"That's fair," Remote giggled.

"So, wanna go out or something? I heard there's a new shop at the mall we can look at."

"I don't see why not."

We both left the house and hopped in the car I used to drive over to Remote's place.

"Did you get the interior done?" Remote asked.

"Yep! How'd you know?"

"It's obvious. The seats feel smoother and the leather feels rather refined."

"Damn, I should've taken you seriously when you said that you were an expert on cars."

"Liy, you should always take me seriously," Remote laughed.

"Nope. Not in a million years," I shrugged.

"Ok fine, fair enough."

We eventually arrived at our destination. Lucky for us, we also met Tree, Pen, and Lightning there too. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but either way, it was strange how they read our minds to go see the new store that opened just yesterday.

"You guys checking out the new store too?" Pen asked.

"Yup."

All five of us walked into the store. The shelves were filled with cool items. This store wasn't like any other I'd ever seen. There were three stories, each connected by an escalator. The store was like a superstore, selling everything you could think of.

Remote immediately dashed to the gaming section. Her eyes filled with joy as she saw a limited-edition controller.

"We'll meet you guys downstairs in about thirty," I smiled at the boys.

"Sure. We'll be in the sports section if you need us for any reason," Tree remarked.

Remote looked up and down the shelves in awe.