Chapter 21: Feeling Weird

(Maya's POV)

Why did the scene have to be changed like this? We have to hug! I will not do this at all. Definitely not. What should I do? Please stop it! I was talking with my useless mind when suddenly I felt that my petite body was surrounded by two strong arms. My heart started beating faster and my brain stopped working but then I realized that my hands were already around his waist. How? I asked myself. When and how did I hug him back? How did this happen? I was trying hard to understand the situation when I heard the sound of “cut”. The director said and I immediately broke the hug, kind of pushed him away.

"H..."(how?) I was about to ask him but then I heard the director say, "it's perfect" and everyone started to applaud.
———————————————————

(Mayson's POV)

"What happened to her?" I whispered. The shooting was successful and everyone was happy but Maya was looking a little off. She didn't speak a word after the shoot and when the director asked us to pack up, she ran out of the hall and went... I don't know where. Is she upset because I had to hug her? This can't be the reason, right? But what if it is? What if her little mind is thinking nonsense about me? No, no I have to talk to her and clear everything. I thought.

I have been searching for her for an hour and it is surprising to know that no one knows where she is and now I am getting frustrated. How can no one know where my co-dancer is? Are these people fools or has she vanished?

I was just thinking about her when a lady came up to me and said, "Sir, are you looking for Miss Stewart?"

"And you are?" I asked her.

"I am her makeup artist." She said.

"Do you know where she is?" I asked.

"Yes, she is in the dance studio right now." She said.

"Are you sure? How do you know?" I asked her.

"Actually she told me she was going there and also asked me not to tell anyone about this." She said.

"Then why are you telling me?" I asked getting suspicious.

"Since I see you've been looking for her for an hour and seem worried, I thought I would tell you. I think she's at the dance studio right now, if you want to meet her you can go there but please don't tell her that I told you about her." She said with pleading eyes.

"Thank you very much miss and don't worry I won't tell her anything." I said and ran out. I have to reach the dance studio as soon as possible.
———————————————————

I reached the dance studio and looked at my watch. It was 9 o'clock at night. It will close within an hour. I thought and quickly entered the building. I started asking the people present there whether anyone had seen her or not and one of them told me that a few minutes ago a young lady had come and had gone upstairs. I asked him which floor she had gone to but he did not know. I first went to the second floor because this is where we used to practice dance but she was not there, then I started checking all the floors one by one but she was nowhere to be found.

"Where did she go?" I whispered to myself. Suddenly it came to my mind that I had not checked the roof. Although the chances of her being there are very less but still I should check once. I thought and when I reached the there, I saw a woman standing near the boundary wall. "God! Here you are." I mumbled and then shouted, "Maya" She turned and was shocked to see me.

I come close to her and she asked, "what are you doing here?"

I sighed and asked, "what are YOU doing here?"

She didn't say anything so I asked, "is something bothering you?"

She looked at me and asked, "why do you care?"

"I don't, I am just asking." I said.

She chuckled lightly and said, "you don't care, that's why you just came here to ask me what's bothering me."

I honestly didn't know what to say so I remained silent for a moment and then I began, "You were nervous from the beginning of the shoot. You were uncomfortable with the sudden change in choreography. You just disappeared after the shoot is over." Is it wrong to think that something is bothering you?”

She looked at me in disbelief as if I had said something I shouldn't have said and said, "No."

"Can I ask you why?" I asked.

She sighed and said, "you can but I don't know the reason myself."

"Are you sure? Or is it that you don't want to tell me?" I asked.

"No, it's nothing like that." She mumbled.

"By any chance, am I the reason?" I asked.

She smiled and said, "I also thought that but you are not the reason."

Thank God. I thought.

"I was quite annoyed that you hugged me but it wasn't your fault as it was a part of our shoot. I was actually quite surprised that I hugged you back without realising. I am... I don't know what's happening... I am feeling weird." She said.

I chuckled and said, "maybe because I am too good looking to think twice before you act."

She also chuckled and said,"seriously Mayson! you are just unbelievable."
———————————————————

(Maya's POV)

We heard a whistle and I looked at my watch. It was 10 o'clock at night. Apparently this was the guard's warning to everyone to leave so that he could close the place and leave.

"I think it's about to close. We should head home now." He said and I nodded.

As soon as we came out of the building he asked, "where do you live?"

"Why?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"I will drop you home so tell me where you live?" He asked.

"Thanks, but there's no need, I will take the bus." I said.

“I don't think it's a good idea to take the bus at this time, it's 10 o'clock at night.”  He said worriedly and I couldn't resist his Pikachu face so I agreed. I told him my address and he started driving.