Chapter 20: Hugging Scene

(Monica's POV)

"So tell me what's the matter?" I asked Enzo. He has been here since morning but he did not tell me why he came here. It is clear that he has not come here without any reason. He was missing for so many years and he suddenly appeared here, in this human world! He's definitely here for a reason but what reason could that be?

"I said that I have come here to meet you guys." He said.

"Glad to hear. Now tell me the truth, why have you come here?" I asked him sternly this time.

"Why are you asking me the same question again and again?" He asked.

"Because you're not telling me the real reason you're here. I'm no fool Enzo, I know you're definitely here for something, so tell me what the real purpose is?" I shouted in anger.

"Yes, you're no fool. You're right I'm here for a reason, a big reason Monica but I didn't expect you to behave like this. I thought you'd be happy to know that I am alive but I guess I was wrong." He said in a low voice.

"Enzo, I d-didn't mean to... I'm so sorry." I said. I felt guilty for yelling at him because whatever the matter, I'm sure he's not here to do anything nasty. He hate humans but that doesn't mean he is a bad guy. He is not evil. He's just broken.

"It's okay Monica. I was missing for so many years and now suddenly I have appeared before you from nowhere so it is natural to have suspicion on me." He said.

"I'm not doubting you Enzo and believe me you don't know how much I've missed you all these years. We all missed you so much." I said.

"I missed you too. I missed you, I missed Maya, uncle and aunt. I missed each one of you." He said.

I smiled sadly and said, "Do you even know what happened to your uncle and aunt? Do you even know what happened when you were gone? You don't know Enzo...M-Mom and Dad are..."

"They died. I know it." He said and paused for a moment and then started speaking, "I also know that you and your sister is here for that Mayson guy. I know everything Monica." He said and I was shocked to hear that.

"Y-you know?" I asked. He nodded and said, "I am so sorry for your loss. I'm so sorry." I couldn't held my tears back anymore and broke in front of him. He gently hugged me and started soothing me, "Sshhh... it's okay. Don't cry. Everything will be okay. I'm here now."

We broke the hug and he said, "I'm not here for anything bad. I'm here..." He stopped suddenly and looked at me worried.

"For?" I asked curiously.

He sighed and said, "for my sister."

"Aurora?" I was completely astonished to hear this.

—––—–––—–—–—–—–——–——––——––
(Mayson's POV)

We both returned to the shooting spot and without any further delay the director ordered the shooting to begin. Everyone was playing their roles very well when... "Cut" the director said and we all stopped immediately. I was confused because I knew everyone was performing as per the script so why did he stop us so suddenly.

"I think we should change the choreography here, in this part." He said pointing to the recorded scene.

"What change sir? I think that's perfect." I said but was scolded by him, "are you the one directing the song?" I was offended by this but decided to remain silent, afterall he is right, I am not a filmmaker anyway.

"Mr. Forbes, you guys are doing great but the problem is that this particular line in this song shows how much you two are missing each other. So I think we need to portray some strong chemistry between you two." He said.

Actually, the shooting of this song is going on for two days, in which the first day's shooting showed that the male lead i.e. I was angry with my girlfriend about something, so I went far away from her. Now since only I am shown alone in this scene, I did not have to shoot this scene with Maya. Now on the second day i.e. the shooting which is going on right now, I have to show that I am missing my girlfriend so much that I want to come back to her despite all the arguments that happened earlier and for this I need a female lead who is Maya. Now since I have to show all the love and emotion, I have to make this scene very romantic. Since I have written and sung the song, so no one is to blame for writing these lines...

🎶'oh we are away away away,
and I don't like this way way way.
I need you,
Only you.
Can't take this pain pain pain,
And I want you again again again.
I need you,
Only you.
Only you uuuu....'🎶

"What kind of chemistry?" I asked the director and he said, "In the last scene, both of you have to hug each other. Since both of you are missing each other in this song, doing it this way will attract people more."

"What?" Maya said shocked and I understood that she was feeling uncomfortably with the sudden change in the scene so I asked the director to change the hugging part to something else. The whole song was choreographed without any skinship between us but now I don't think it's going to be the same. I was trying my best to convince him but the old man didn't seem convinced at all. What should I do to convince this jerk? I thought.

"Okay, I will do it." Maya said and I asked, "are you sure?"

"Hmm" she nodded hesitantly and again this 'shooting thing' started, which she hates with all her guts.  Perhaps.

Music started playing and we all started performing. Everything was going well... until...the lines of song came where now we both have to hug each other.

I started dancing with the beats of the music but she remains frozen in place. I think her nervousness has caught up again, but there's no way I am not going to do it in 'one take.' So I took her hand and pulled her into a hug.