chapter 44:Awakening Hope

Lulu's pov:

As days passed, Mama and I settled into a routine. We started each day together, greeted by the gentle morning light. Mama would carefully bathe me, turning it into a simple, yet comforting routine that shaped the mood for the day. Once I was clean, we moved to the next room to wake up Pauly, who slept with Nona and Nono.

Mama, with her caring touch, would then bathe Pauly, ensuring a gentle start to the day. After our morning routine, we all gathered for  breakfast, 

Mama usually took extra care to feed Pauly since he had lost his appetite after Aunty Emma fell asleep. She made a special effort to encourage him to eat,

Usually, our breakfasts were filled with tantrums, and Pauly often ended up in tears. In those moments, I made an effort to eat by myself, trying not to add to Mama's concerns. Despite the chaos, I attempted to be a big girl,

After our morning routine, Mama me and pauly  would make our way to Aunty Emma's room. The atmosphere in the air would shift as we entered, a solemn quiet replacing the usual sounds of our bustling home. The soft glow from the window cast a tender light on Emma's pale face, her fragility contrasting with the vibrant memories of the past. 

In a gentle yet swift motion, Pauly would climb onto the bed, situating himself beside Aunty Emma. His presence, like a comforting warmth, seemed to bridge the gap between the living and the slumbering. With an unwavering belief in the power of his closeness, Pauly would lay beside Aunty Emma, his small hand reaching for hers

 today was like any other day; in Aunty's Emma chambers  Pauly   lean in close to her  ear and softly speak words of encouragement, mama , wake up. It's time we pway again. I miss you mama pwese wakey " His tender voice echoed in the room

Unable to bear the weight of the scene  unfolding before me, I turned away, my eyes avoiding looking in  pauly and Aunty Emma's direction The tender vulnerability of the moment, coupled with the undeniable reality of Aunty Emma's prolonged slumber, became almost too much to witness.

the soft whimpering that escaped me mirrored the unspoken emotions swirling within,Mama, sensing my need for comfort, held me close, her arms wrapping around me in a protective gesture. As Pauly continued to lay beside Aunty Emma, sharing his innocent words and affection, With a silent understanding, Mama approached the nurse who stood by Aunty Emma's bedside. Mama conveyed her intention to temporarily step away with me, recognizing that Pauly needed his moments with Aunty Emma, and the nurse assured her that she would stay by their side to ensure Pauly's safety.

As Mama carried me out of the room, the door softly closed behind us, 

In that quiet corner we found , Mama gently cradled me, her voice soft and comforting. She spoke about how important it was for Pauly to have his moments with Aunty Emma, how those times were precious and needed. Her words were like a gentle melody, but in the midst of it, a tear escaped from the corner of Mama's eye.

"Mama, why are you sad?" I asked, my small voice filled with curiosity and concern.

Mama smiled through her tears, "Oh, sweetheart, Mama is just feeling a little sad because we miss Aunty Emma a lot, and sometimes it's hard."

I nodded, understanding a bit. "I miss her too," I whispered, my arms still wrapped around Mama, holding her tightly.

Mama hugged me back, her embrace warm and reassuring. "It's okay to miss her, and it's okay to feel sad. We're a family, and we help each other through the sad times."

"But why is Aunty Emma sleeping for so long?" I questioned, my innocent curiosity seeking answers.

Mama sighed gently, "Aunty Emma is not feeling well, and her body needs more time to get better. We're here to support her and each other, no matter what."

As Mama spoke, I could feel her heartache, and it made me want to be strong for her. "We'll make Aunty Emma happy when she wakes up, right, Mama?" I said, looking up at her with determined eyes. suddenly i noticed tears escaping from Mama's eyes.

 Without thinking, I hugged Mama even tighter, feeling the warmth of her embrace. "It's okay to cry, Mama," I said softly, my small hands reaching up to touch the tears on her cheeks.

Mama, chuckled through her tears. "My big girl, huh? Taking care of Mama," she said, her voice a mix of gratitude and affection.

I nodded, . "You take care of me, and I can take care of you too. We're a team, Mama."

Mama smiled, her eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. "Yes, we are a team, my love. Lulu and mama always and forever ."

Just then, a sudden commotion pierced the air. Shots echoed from Aunty Emma's chamber, and the urgency in the healers' footsteps became palpable. Mama, sensing the gravity of the situation, tightened her arms around me. Without hesitation, she ran full speed towards Aunty Emma's chamber, a sense of foreboding hanging in the air.

As we reached the entrance, we were met with a scene of chaos. Healers rushed towards Aunty Emma's room, their expressions filled with urgency. Mama, with a determination fueled by worry, handed me over to the nurse  who came out of the room dragging a crying pauly and rushed inside alongside the healers. , I clung tightly to him , , tears streaming down his face. The nurse tried to console him  but his  attention was fixed on Aunty Emma's room. Pauly hiccupped between sobs, his words fragmented and desperate. "Mama was;... wa..s  moving, and her whole bo...dy was s..haking," he stammered, his small hands gripping mine as we waited anxiously for any sign of hope from within the chamber.

We waited for what felt like an eternity by the doors of Aunty Emma's chamber, anxiety hanging heavy in the air. When Mama finally emerged, her face carried a mix of exhaustion and relief. In her arms, she lifted both Pauly and me, embracing us tightly, and took us inside the chambers.

As Mama stepped into the room, a profound sight awaited us – Aunty Emma lay on the bed, her eyes opened, looking in our direction. The room, once filled with uncertainty, now crackled with a newfound sense of hope.

Pauly, squirming in Mama's arms, sensed the change in the atmosphere. Mama gently placed him on Aunty Emma's bed, and as he looked into her eyes, he cried out in joy, "Mama, you are up! Up, Mama is up!" 

ENJOY READING 

                                                     ❤️ FREE PALESTINE❤️