chapter 48: She's here

"Mama," I said, pulling on her dress a little. Her eyes looked like she was remembering something important.

"In that time," Mama started, her voice gentle, "we had some really hard times. Someone did things to make Aunty Artey and me not be friends like we used to. It was a sad and confusing time."

I nodded, trying to understand the sad part of Mama's story. But then, Mama's voice got a bit happier.

"But, babygirl," Mama continued, her eyes looking at me warmly, ", we thought that we fixed it once  the tension between us is still here we're not that close again  and we're not friends but if she needs me i'll be there for her and i think she still hate me "

Her words felt like a hug, and I snuggled closer to Mama. "Mama," I asked, looking up with curiosity, "what's 'misunderstandings'? And why did someone want to make you and Aunty Artey not be friends?"

Mama smiled softly, her eyes showing how much she loved me. "Misunderstandings are when people don't understand each other, and things get mixed up. As for why someone tried to make us not be friends, well, sometimes people do things that aren't very nice.

Mama's fingers moved through my hair, creating a soothing melody that almost made me want to close my eyes and snuggle even closer. But then, I looked at Mama with my big, innocent eyes, and I felt a little rumble in my tummy.

"Mama, I hungwy," I said in my small, sweet voice, trying to convey the important message that my tummy needed attention.

 my  Mama, twinkled her eyes at me and smiled. "Hungwy, babydoll?" she teased, using the word just the way I say it.

I nodded with all the enthusiasm a hungry little one could muster. "Yeth, mama, hungwy. What we eat?" I asked, curious about the delicious treat that awaited my growling tummy.

Mama chuckled, her laughter filling the air with warmth. "How about some yummy cookies and milk, my love? Would that make your tummy happy?"

My joy knew no bounds. "Yay, cookies and milk! Mama, you the best!" I exclaimed, my heart brimming with happiness. The prospect of sharing this snack with Mama made it even more special. I giggled, Mama, ready to get up and fulfill my snack request. "Nooooo, mama, you milie(milkie)," I said, not ready to let go of the comfort and warmth of Mama's arms.

mama, with a tender smile, settled back down. "Alright i got you  babygirl, we can have cookies and milkies  right here," mama kissed my forehead when i was having my yummy millie and playing with mama's long hair and twirling it around my finger 

In the pretty garden, where the moon was shining bright, Mama and I felt really happy. We heard the leaves making soft sounds and some animals far away. Mama held me close, and as she sang a quiet, nice song, it felt like she was making a special tune just for us.

While Mama sang, everything around us became quiet and peaceful. The outside world didn't matter. It was a special time, just for Mama and me. I closed my eyes, feeling Mama's song like a soft wind, promising that she loves me and that everything is okay.

As Mama continued her sweet humming in the garden, everything suddenly changed when something started forming around us as the day turned into dusk. It was like a yellow light, but I couldn't see much because Mama tightened her arms around me so much that it felt like I was glued to her.

I wanted to drink my milie, but I couldn't because Mama was holding me so tightly. I whimpered a little, but Mama quickly said, "Shush, little doll, Mama is here." Her eyes, though, looked different – all red and a bit scary. It made me feel a little scared too, but I tried to be brave because Mama was with me.

Mama stood up, carefully adjusting her dress while still holding me. I whimpered again because I was still hungry, but Mama backed away a bit and said, "Baby, I know you're hungry. Just a few moments, okay, little doll?" Mama's words were soothing, 

Mama held my head in her neck, not letting me lift my head up or look. I just closed my eyes, sucking on Mama's neck until I heard her say, "Morgana?" Mama's voice sounded different.

When I heard Mama say "Morgana," a jolt of excitement coursed through me. I couldn't contain my curiosity, and in my own baby way, I wiggled in Mama's arms, saying, "Mamaaa, no, me see Morganaaa."

My little plea was accompanied by a series of tiny movements as I tried to free myself from Mama's secure hold.

                 ❤️FREE PALESTINE, CEASE FIRE NOW❤️