Chap 23

One dusty morning, we all prepared for school and headed to school. But trust me Eva was acting like she owned me. While poor Kiera, would always steal a glance at us. Even during lessons.

"Hi Ade" Jane greeted.
"How are you?"
"I'm good"
"Ok, so why are you standing here?" I asked, masking my irritation.
"She's here because she wants you to adjust your seat so she can sit right beside you" Helen said, smiling.

I adjusted my seat and made space for her which she excitedly placed her chair by my left and all the while, I noticed Kiera's eye on me. I felt a little tensed. I cautiously tried to stare at her, but we both had an eye lock. I turned away immediately, really admiring the black and white wallpaper.

"So tell me more about yourself" Jane said, smiling.
"Really nothing to say apart from me being a Nigerian" I said, trying to distract myself from Kiera's gaze.
"Why don't you sing me your songs, I'd appreciate it!" Jane said, signaling her friends to come over.
"Sure!"

I began to sing, both the girls and the boys circled me. I sang as their voices joined mine. Eva was real loud tho with her voice trying sound like a cat. Biggy was mimicking me so as to distract me. But I blocked him out from my thinking, mentally telling myself, that there's no such person as biggy and that he was vibing to my music and not trying to distract me. All this went on and on till school hours were over.

"Can we go home now?" Kiera asked annoyed.
"Yes! Actually, we're waiting for a queen named Eva" I said, my words dripping with sarcasm.
"So Ade, you wanted to leave me here?" She asked, playfully pulling my ear.
"How can I leave a queen such as you?"
"You were about to.....Kiera weren't you guys about to leave me?" Eva said wide eyed, feigning hurt.

Kiera was quiet faking a smile. And once, Eva looked away, her face were like that of a dangerous vilian. Seething with anger and jealousy. I felt that if I didn't stay away from Eva that she'd definitely do something terrible. And I never wanted to separate this twin sisters who dearly loved each other. I flapped Eva's hand away from my ears and hopped on my bike, waiting for them to join me.

Kiera's jealousy started to manifest after some months. She would scream at Eva each time she sees us together. She'd try separate us each time we tried to go on an errand together. It was really frustrating.

***************   ****************     *************

One windy morning, we were all ready to take our final exams. This time, we weren't allowed to sit where we previously sat. The teachers placed us according to our numbers. I was to sit with Kiera at my right and Barnabas by left. Eva was three seats behind me. Happiness was written all over Kiera's face when she sat next to me. She was so excited, that the girl I had known as an introvert, became an extrovert within seconds. I don't know, but my instincts kept telling me to stay away from Kiera because she might do something bad. She nudged me smiling.

"So we're finally sitting together, huh?" She said, smiling.
"Yh" I awkwardly said, scratching my head.
"Why do you always feel uncomfortable around me, huh? You're always comfortable around her but not me.... its so not good... younno that right?" She asked, feeling hurt.

I nodded not knowing what to say. Do you expect me to tell her that I didn't just trust her? Or, something tells me that you are a very bad girl. I really, should just box in my words.

"Now guys, get ready for your papers. Remember no cheating, if you are caught doing such, I hope you know the consequences. The invigilator are here.... so mind yourselves" Mrs Quinn said.
"Now start when you get your papers!" The fierce looking invigilator yelled.

The papers were shared amongst us. We wrote the English exams...I was pretty good at  Mathematics. Eva was good at mathematics too. Well, I had to help Kiera though, she missed alot during her stay in Nigeria. I looked her way and saw her staring at her papers. I cautiously beckoned to Kiera to look at my papers. At first, she refused. but my constant insistence, got her succumbing to writing from my papers.

"Thanks"
"You're welcome"

Finally, school was over. I got my belongings in to my backpack and went outside to wait for the girls. Eva and Kiera came out chattering and laughing. Immediately, Kiera sighted me running towards me.

"Thanks" she said with a huge smile hugging me tightly.
"Why?" I asked tensed, staring at jealous Eva.
"For helping me duh" she said, patting my chest.

I took her hands off me. Only God knows what Eva was thinking. She approached me with a serious mug.

"Can we go home now?" Eva asked, staring at nobody in particular.
"Oh yeah!" Kiera said, smiling broadly as she got on the bike.
It was silent as we rode on our way home, she'd occasionally, hug me tightly as we rode home.
It could be that Eva noticed it because immediately she got down from the bike, she went inside without saying a word. I was really angry at myself for helping Kiera out...

"Bye sweetie!" Kiera bade, wagging her hands on the air.
"Adejoke!" I corrected.
"I just gave you a nickname" she said smiling.
"Bye!" I bade, as I rode off to work.

Adejoke loves maths.... but guess what?
The authoress hates maths......I just hate that subject..... who else hates it? Don't lie! Not like I'm with a belt to hit you or something......

So Kiera's jealous?
She has a crush on him?
And Eva's jealous 2?

Team Kiera black heart❤
Team Eva purple heart💜

Love y'all😘 and stay tuned for chap 24

Your favorite teen authoress🔰📑........
        Oziomajasmine💝💝