25

It was six days through their little trip when Nora decided they should make a run for it. Althea could do nothing but chase after the red head as she stormed through the trees like a wolf in its territory chasing after its doe. Though the running didn't really leave any room for her to think. They were nearing the edge of the clearing when they heard arguing, and it was much closer than at the spring court, much more familiar. 

Althea went wide eyed as she saw a large frozen lake, four or five figures running across, the river thawing underneath their feet. "Will it hold us?" 

Nora pursed her lips not providing an answer as they too ran across, chasing after the group. Althea felt the ice crack under her feet, spewing water up into the surface into her boots, they needed to get across fast before the river swallowed everyone whole. She then thought of a stupidly great idea, she summoned a small amount of air to push them forward, pushing them from their heels fastening their pace. Nora and her shared a look and Althea had to bite back her smile. 

Yeah she was a genius.

She had no time to boost her ego when she met the eyes of someone familiar, with her sister. That one vast moment distracted Feyre, she didn't notice as fire was struck at her and she fell back onto the ice. Althea pushed herself even harder, her calves burnt with each step and her powers yearned to be let out. 

"Be calm Althea." Nora said gesturing to the sky as two shadows cast over them and so she did, she slowed her past falling into the jog approaching the illyrians who cast shadows onto the clearing. The first to  land was Cassian, his red siphons glowing with power that still left her in awe yet that wasn't what brought a smile onto her face. It was his wings, they were no longer shredded like the last she saw of him. They were healthy and strong. 

The second to land was Azriel, she couldn't fight the relief that flooded her. The last she saw of him, he was on death's door. Yet here he was, casting shadows at his command, standing proudly, strongly. 

"I suggest you drop my lady." Cassian called.

Nora did not look impressed. "He's still a brute i see." 

Althea turned to look at her curiously but she missed all the action somehow Cassian was now fighting with Feyre's capture, Azriel was now fighting alongside the golden eyed boy against the other two. And Feyre was out of her bonds charging straight at her. 

Althea couldn't stop herself from smiling as Feyre wrapped her arms around her as soon as they were in arms length of each other. She missed her siblings so much, she didn't even realise. Althea tightened her hug. 

Once Feyre pulled away she gave Althea's arm a small squeeze. "I'm so sorry-"

"It's not your fault." Althea cut her off, she then gestured to the group of fae men who stood watching the entire reunion. Well only three of them did, the attackers were kneeling in front of Azriel and Cassian who watched the two with somewhat of shock. 

Feyre cleared her throat.  "You all deserve to die for this. And for much, much more. But I am going to spare your miserable lives."Even with a wound through his gut, Eris's lip curled.

Cassian snarled his warning.

Feyre then removed the glamour that adjourned her, revealing her arm which was covered with swirls of ink. "I am High Lady of the Night Court," she said quietly to them all.Even Eris stopped sneering. His amber eyes widened, something like fear now creeping into them. 

"There's no such thing as a High Lady," one of Lucien's brothers spat. 

"There is now. Take me home," she ordered Cassian, her chin high and unwavering. Then to Azriel, "Take us all home." she said to the Autumn Court's scions, "We'll see you on the battlefield."