29

Althea was not a happy camper. She didn't know if it was because she struggled to get in the bath again or simply because she decided to dream about the cauldron which was disguised as said bathtub. Or wait this excuse is much better, the person who's "watching over them" Is Morrigan. The blonde fae who definitely didn't like her.

So there she was, sitting across from said blonde head besides Lucien who was the only other person in the house at the moment, eating his breakfast silently. Or they were trying to at least, Morrigan watched them with her arms crossed, some sort of smile gracing her full lips. It's been a few weeks since they've got there and Althea has been stranded in that house with her two sisters and Lucien while the inner circle plus Nora who was meant to be training her disappeared from their sights to do war preparation. From what Althea gathered, Nora returned back to the coven to gather resources.

"Are you just going to watch us?" Althea asked awkwardly taking another bread from the pile in front of them her too not breaking eye contact.

Lucien sighed. "You'll get used to it."

Althea didn't think she would. In fact she'd rather be anywhere else than in that dining room if she was being honest. Heck, she'd rather train if it meant that Morrigan would stop staring at her. If only she took up Nesta's offer of going to the beach side  to cheer up Elain instead of sulking alone.

"I don't like when people stare it stirs up forgotten trauma" It really didn't, maybe the worse thing Morrigan reminded her of was of the stares she'd get back in the mortal towns they'd live at but was it something she had trauma from? No. No it was not.

"I know a thing or two about those." Lucien clicked his tongue, as if she reminded him before chugging down his orange juice like it was alcohol.

She wasn't impressed. "So do I." She muttered before adding in an after thought. "Maybe Velaris should offer us some sort of therapy-"

Mor clicked her tongue. "Enough, I'm here to talk on behalf of Feyre for a serious matter."

Althea didn't like her attitude.

"And this couldn't wait after breakfast?" She muttered under her breath knowing damn well that she could here because of fae hearing.

Morrigan gave her a look she couldn't pinpoint before turning to lucien "It's only for Lucien to listen to."

"Whatever you say to him you can say to me."  Lucien gave her a side look as he spread jam on his toast yet he didn't correct her. Althea's lips tipped upwards. Awe, they really did bond over breakfast. She offered him a bright smile before turning to Mor. "See even he agrees."

Lucien sighed as he took a bite from his toast. Mor gave him a look which he objectively ignored and instead reached for the jug of orange juice. "What is it?"

Mor frowned at Althea which she ignored, at that the blonde scrunched her nose in annoyance. "We need you to go to the continent."

Lucien straightened his back. "The continent?"

A smile painted her lips once again, chills crept up her back at that. She nodded her head. "We need you to go find the last mortal Queen Vassa."

"Vassa?" Althea piqued intrigued at the sudden mention of the mortal Queen.

Morrigan ignored her. "She's been missing for some time, and for this war we need as much men as we can get."

Lucien was silent for a second before he looked up at Morrigan. "I'll go."

Althea frowned. "On your own?"

She didn't miss the way Morrigan gave her a look as if she was stupid or the way an unrecognizable look flashed over Lucien's face but she chose to ignore it. "Believe it or not Lucien's almost 400 years old."