34

It was finally the day of the meeting and Althea felt jittery. She couldn't sleep the night before, firstly they spent the majority of the night running through maps of Dawn's court and which escape route they could take if anything goes wrong. That meant every crook and cranny had to be memorised, on behalf of Nora anyways, Azriel muttered some pointers for her to do if it does go wrong. She was certain it wouldn't but at everyone's serious expressions she stayed silent. Secondly she was too anxious to sleep and only fell asleep when she opened the balcony door allowing the night wind to sweep throughout her room. So there she was standing in her dress the maids had chosen for her. They had resorted to a very light pink dress, she was starting to think that they loved dressing her in that colour for obvious reasons. 

The dress itself fell around her legs in layers of pink chiffon. In her opinion the bodice is the prettiest, with beautiful flower and vine designs sewn in. Small diamonds like mini stars were embroidered from beneath her chest down to the middle of the dress. 

"You look nice."

She looked over her shoulder, thankful that her hair was slipped into a complicated bun which she was sure that she'd struggle with later. "Not too bad yourself " She replied with a small smile. 

Nora stood in a simple satin red dress, she grinned at the compliment before she reached out to clip a simple yet beautiful golden necklace, in the centre a light blue gem sat. She wore a matching one herself, red in the centre. "A pendant for a witch." Nora said with a smile. 

Althea smiled and she linked her arm through Nora. The red head grunted in annoyance but she didn't pull away which meant she obviously didn't mind. Everyone minus Rhysand were waiting in the foyer, all dressed beautifully. She walked in in the middle of Cassian announcing to Feyre that she looked official and fancy. 

When his gaze landed on her he grinned widely. "You don't look as if you killed a single person in your life!"  

Althea didn't know if it was a compliment or not.

"Over five hundred years old," Mor said, shaking her head sadly, "a skilled warrior and general,famous throughout territories, and complimenting ladies is still something he finds next to impossible.Remind me why we bring you on diplomatic meetings?"

Azriel, wreathed in shadows by the front door, chuckled quietly. Cassian shot him a glare. "I don'tsee you spouting poetry, brother." 

Azriel crossed his arms, still smiling faintly. "I don't need to resort to it." he looked over to Althea and smiled softly. "You look beautiful Althea." 

A blush settled on her cheeks as everyone turned to face her, a smile settling on their faces. "Thank you?" Nora chuckled at quietly.

She refused to look at them instead her eyes landed on the crown on Feyre's head, when was the last time she saw it? yes, when the mortal queens visited their manor. A bitter feeling swelled in her chest.  

The mood  shifted once Rhysand walked down the stairs, Nesta following soon after dressed in a beauitful dress of the darkest of blue yet not one jewellery was worn. Not as if she needed it, she was gorgeous as it is. Althea being the genius she is, put one and two together and came to the conclusion that she was joining. 

She glanced at Feyre, then at Althea. "You both look beautiful."

They blinked at her. 

"That, Cassian is what you were trying to say." Mor muttered from besides him. 

"You as well." she replied softly while Feyre said "Thank you. You do as well."

"Why are you dressed so nicely? Shouldn't you be practising with Amren?" Feyre pushed.