36

"If you want proof that we are not scheming with Hybern," Rhysand said blandly to them all,"consider the fact that it would be far less time-consuming to slice into your minds and make you domy bidding."

Althea nodded her head, he had a point. Then Rhysand pointed to Nora and Althea which made her freeze. "The witches who had been in hiding since the last war will not have come out of hiding, minus Althea of course, to help." he then went on. "Knowing what faes have done to them but here they  are, here we all are."

"Despite Varian's unsanctioned warning ..." A glare at the man on his side, who didn't so much as look sorry about it, "You were the only ones who came to help. The only ones. And yet you asked for nothing in return. Why?" 

Rhysand's voice was a bit hoarse as he asked, "Isn't that what friends do?"A subtle, quiet offer.

 Tarquin took him in. Then feyre. And the rest of them. "I rescind the blood rubies. Let there be no debts between us." 

"Don't expect Amren to return hers," Cassian muttered. "She's grown attached to it."

"I believe you. That you will fight for Prythian." Rhysand said to Tamlin. "War is upon us," Rhysand declared. "I have no interest in wasting energy arguing amongst ourselves."

But Beron said, "You may be inclined to believe him, Rhysand, but as someone who shares a border with his court, I am not so easily swayed." A wry look. "Perhaps my errant son can clarify. Pray, where is he?"Even Tamlin looked towards them. 

"He is guarding the city." Feyre lied. 

 Eris snorted and surveyed Nesta, who stared back at him with steel in her face. "Pity you didn'tbring the other sister. I hear our little brother's mate is quite the beauty."If they knew Elain was Lucien's mate....

Mor replied smoothly, "You still certainly like to hear yourself talk, Eris. Good to know some things don't change over the centuries."Eris's mouth curled into a smile at the words.

"Good to know that after five hundred years, you still dress like a slut."

One second Azriel was seated the next he sent a shield of blue towards Eris' face knocking him onto the ground. "Shit," Cassian spat, and was instantly there—And met a wall of blue.Azriel had sealed them in, and as his scarred hands wrapped around Eris's throat, Rhysand said,"Enough."

Althea watched with wide eyes, it all happened so fast. one second he was beside her and the next he knocked Eris down. Beron's flames struck the blue shield, over and over, but the fire skitteredoff and fizzled out on the water. Any that escaped were torn to shreds by shadows.

"Call off your overgrown bat," Beron ordered Rhysand. 

"Come, Azriel." Azriel stopped as he looked at Feyre who walked to him.  Eris gasped for air as those scarred hands loosened. As Azriel turned his face toward her sister. Even from where she sat she could see the dark look behind those eyes. "Come sit beside me."
Nesta and Althea quickly shuffled down the chairs but Nesta moved Althea to the seat next to Azriel. she didn't say it out loud but it was obvious. Maybe you could calm him down. She doubted yet she obeyed, she took a seat. 

"That's twice now we've handed you your asses. I'd think you'd be sick of thehumiliation." Feyre announced to Beron. She sat him down and went to pour him a glass of wine. "They are my family," her voice went cold. "I don't care if we are allies in this war. If you insult myfriend again, I won't stop him the next time."

Eris, wisely, averted his eyes. And said, "Apologies, Morrigan."

Thesan rubbed his temples. "This does not bode well."