| 50 - El Diablo |

It's been days since our wedding

It's been days since our wedding. Since our last normal night. Who could have even imagined the shit storm coming?

He's hurting, I know that. He said he felt it deep in his bones. Harry's tired, but the world won't wait for him to catch up, especially not when his world is full of cutthroat and violent criminals waiting to get their pay.

It started the morning after our dip in the hot tub. Maybe the water was too hot, or the air too cold, but regardless I had never seen him in such a state. He stayed by the toilet for hours, throwing up anything his stomach could manage until his heaving turned painful and dry.

He wasn't able to get to bed himself. I sat with him the whole time, holding his hair back and wiping a damp cloth over his face. His skin is getting more yellow, just faintly, but anyone who knows him would notice.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this, Brin."

"For better or for worse, in sickness and in health. I didn't say those words just for fun, Harry."

It's been a nonstop cycle of washing pukey clothes, bedding, and towels. I'm not sure how many times I've scrubbed the bathroom, but I just want him to be comfortable if he needs to be huddled over the bowl for hours at a time. I'm not even sure how he's still heaving, his appetite has diminished significantly.

Luckily, Dr. Peter has been on call for IV drips when he gets too dehydrated.

"I'll only be gone for a little while, baby." I lean over his shivering body. Despite being sweaty, his limbs hold a steady shake. "I know you don't like it but I need you to keep the monitors on so I can watch you while I'm out."

"Where are you going?" Harry toys with my tight top, his hands barely having enough strength to lift from the mattress.

I don't have the heart to tell him what I'm really doing, and maybe I never will. It's better this way I think. This way, he won't have to worry about my safety and use up the rest of his energy trying to stop me.

"I just need to run a few errands, pick up a few supplies for you." My fingers twirl a loose curl out of his face. "I won't be gone long, I promise."

"Just have them delivered," he mumbles tiredly. "Don't leave me here."

I kiss his lips softly, nudging his nose with mine. "You know I don't want to leave you. I promise I'll be back as soon as I can. I love you, Harry. Keep your monitors on and call me if you need anything. I have people on standby if you need help."

His eyes screw shut as he sighs, rolling his head away from me. "Don't be like that, baby," I coo, resting my forearms on his chest as I trace every dip through his shirt. "I'll be home before you know it and then I'm yours. Don't get into any trouble without me, okay?" I kiss his cheek before standing up and tucking him in.

I peek at him one last time before checking the monitor app on my phone and turning out of the bedroom door. With a sigh, I grab my keys and phone off of the kitchen counter before heading out of the front door.