The kiss

Prompt: "That kiss, what did it mean?"

~

You were currently sitting at a corner table in a busy night club, Kate hands you a drink, "Okay so, four extra armed guards. One at each door, including the bathroom." She states as she sits down next to you in the booth.

Looking around the room, you made out the four guards Kate had spotted. You look at Kate again before looking back over to the person of interest. The two of you had been sent on a mission to find out what this mob boss was planning next. Today was the first time you came this close to the man, having been on stake outs the previous day.

You and Kate have a conversation about random people in the club, like you're just people watching. To make it seem like you aren't just looking at the mob boss and his guests. Kate looks over at the crowd once more. When she turns back she says, "Go with it, please." Before you can finish asking 'go with what' she pulls you in for a kiss.

"That kiss, what did it mean?" you ask Kate when you get back to the hotel. "Oh, I was just making sure they wouldn't notice us." She replies. "Kate," you say in a more serious tone "you and I both know that you kissed me longer than was necessary for a distraction."

Kate looks at you for a while, thinking about what she should say. "If you knew it was longer than necessary, why didn't you stop?"

Now you're the one looking at Kate, thinking of your response. In stead of speak you make your point through action. Stepping closer and kissing her, it takes a second before Kate realizes what you're doing before she kisses you back, grabbing your waist and pulling you closer.