The best way to wake up

Promps: "Stay with me." & "It was nice that your voice was the first thing I heard today." ()

~

"It's getting late, I should get home." You say to Kate around 10 p.m., after having spent most of the day with her. You met up with her for lunch at one of your favorite restaurants. When you were both done eating you walked through the park as a detour to Kate's apartment, the rest of the day you had spent watching movies and ordering pizza for dinner.

Kate has been your girlfriend for two months now, so everything was still relatively new. You had never spent the night together, which is why you were suggesting heading back home. To your surprise Kate's response was, "Stay with me."

A smile slowly creeps onto your face, "Are you sure?" Kate nods, "I am very sure, but only if you are ready as well, baby." Gently you place your hands on Kate's cheeks and pull her in for a kiss. "I would love to spend the night, but I didn't bring any of my stuff." You add when you realize.

"I know it's kind of a last-minute thing but fit just feels so right. I've enjoyed today with you so much, I don't want it to end yet. And if you don't mind you can borrow some of my things." Kate offers.

You took her up on the offer and headed to the bathroom together to do your nighttime routines. Kate had a second toothbrush laying around, she told you she got it in case you ever needed one at her place. She bought it at the same time as she got a second of all of her cutlery. Before she met you she had just one of everything, one fork, one spoon, one knife, one mug and so on.

When you're done in the bathroom, she tells you you can go through her closet to find something to wear for the night. Settling on a pair of grey sweatpants and a simple purple t-shirt, you place them on the bed and fall into Kate's arms. "I'm so excited." You say after pecking her cheek.

You both get changed in her bedroom. You had seen each other change shirts before, but this moment felt a bit more intimate. Though you wanted tonight just to be her and you spending the night continuing the cuddling you started on the couch, you couldn't help but sneak a look over your shoulder. A blush creeps up your cheeks when you realize Kate had the same thought, your eyes lock, and you both break into a giggle.

When you're both done changing Kate walks up to you and grabs your hands, she kisses your nose before asking, "Are your ready for bed, darling?" With a smile on your face, you let her know that you are. With your hand in hers she walks you over to the bed and pulls you down with her. Right away you find your way back comfortably into her arms.

You spend the evening talking, while you played with her fingers. Well thought out sentences started getting more random, both your sleepiness kicking in. You don't remember when you fell asleep, but you woke up the next morning with a big smile on your face and a happy heart with Kate still asleep next to you. You were looking at her in awe. The relationship was still new but seeing her like this made you even more aware of the fact that she was the woman that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with.

When Kate opened her eyes she was met with your loving ones. "Good morning, baby." You say as you move a strand of hair out of her face. "Good morning" she says back as she pulls you closer to her to pepper your face with kisses.

"How did you sleep?" Kate asks as she lays her head back on the pillow. "I slept amazing, my heart is very happy. How about you, how did you sleep?" Kate smiles at your comment about your heart being happy. "I slept really good too. It was nice that your voice was the first thing I heard today."

You get lost in her eyes and your thoughts, Kate brings you back by taking your hand and asking, "What's on your mind, darling?"

Taking a few moments to put yourself together you start by saying, "Kate." She smiles at the softness in your voice "Yes, baby?"

"I know we haven't been together for that long, but I want you to know that I'm in love with you." Kate looks at you with adoration in her eyes, "I'm in love with you too, y/n. You make me very happy."

The rest of the morning you spend cuddling in bed, wanting to bask in this moment for as long as possible.