Magic

Request: Reader is an apprentice sorcery in kamar-taj and she and kate are starting to date. I think it would be fun to see Kate react to magic💜🫂

~

Kate had been around some magic, but nothing too crazy. When she met you and started dating you, she got to know more and more about it. You were an apprentice sorcerer at Kamar-Taj, as well as a regular college student, which meant practicing as much as you could in your dorm room with the blinds closed. Often, Kate would join you for study sessions, where she'd see you practice your magic homework.

None of that could have prepared her for seeing Kamar-Taj for the first time, though. She was walking around with widened eyes, taking in all of her surroundings. The sheer size of Kamar-Taj was the first thing she was in awe over but then when you led her to a balcony that looked out over the training platform, she was truly shocked. The platform was filled by rows and rows of apprentices performing the same skills. Fifty something shield spells lit up the sky. It was quite a stunning view. Being able to show Kate was like reliving your first visit all over again.

You showed her around all your favorite places, including the gigantic library. Kate was loving it and asked you questions about everything, which was very adorable. When it was time to go back home, you asked if she wanted to try the sling ring. She was hesitant at first but you promised to guide her. "Okay, so you have to think of a place to go. Let's try my dorm room, all you have to do is picture my room." She nods along as you explain the process. When you think she's ready, you take her hand and glide the ring over her fingers. After showing her the motion once more, Kate takes a go at it. At the first sight of the spell, Kate backs down. "Wow, that felt weird." She said laughing. "It does at first but that was it, you're doing it!"

She tries again but isn't able to keep the circle steady enough, you stand behind her and put your hands on hers. You guide her hands in the circle again, this time the power of the portal is stable and you can see your room on the other side. You step back so you can face Kate, "You did it!" You say proudly. You take her hand and kiss her cheek, before guiding her through the portal like you did this morning.

Once back in your dorm Kate starts rambling about how amazing Kamar-Taj and all the magic was, you listened to her with a smile on your face. You loved it when she was enthusiastic about something. The way her eyes light up, the way her smile grows, and the way her whole posture changes. "Thank you for showing me." Kate said as she got all of her excitement out and plopped down next to you on the bed. You hug her and place soft kisses to her face. You felt very lucky to have a girlfriend as loving and understanding as Kate. Someone you didn't have to hide parts of yourself from, someone who was interested in every part of you. You couldn't wait what the future held for the both of you. You just knew that you wanted to experience everything with her by your side.